Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Here he is! A few days ago I was ready to give up hope that he would never walk, but just as bulldogs do, he is astonishing me with his capabilities so we do have hope that he will someday walk. We will keep working with him but I think his new corral Chip built for him is just what he needed. He also seems to enjoy the chase, it is so cute!

http://youtu.be/tnik2pzKXVI

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wonderful work.... GO CHEVY!

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Thats such great news - he's so cuuuuute and he seems so happy. You did a great job bullies are amazing.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Come on Chevy, good job so far.

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He loves it! It is like a game to him plus he loves to bite a bit more than the others so he is quite the teether. Easy to entice. He has had a corral since he was about 3 weeks old. He outgrew the other one so much he would hop right out of it.

He is snoozing sooo sound right now after doing about 15 laps in it. It is hard to describe but it keeps his body straight as he bounces off the walls and wow was I surprised how fast he was gonna go!

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
He loves it! It is like a game to him plus he loves to bite a bit more than the others so he is quite the teether. Easy to entice. He has had a corral since he was about 3 weeks old. He outgrew the other one so much he would hop right out of it.

He is snoozing sooo sound right now after doing about 15 laps in it. It is hard to describe but it keeps his body straight as he bounces off the walls and wow was I surprised how fast he was gonna go!

How long do you think he'll need to stay in the corral?

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He only has it for exercising, he is with his brothers a sister most of the day. I also take him for water exercises once a day too. We just started those, i think it is making an impact. When he was little i kept him in the corral for at least a few hours a day to keep his legs from splaying. It worked well. His legs are no longer splayed but they are still stiff, we cannot bend the knees. I was once able to bend one of them, we called it his good leg, but now that is the leg that is holding him back the most. Funny how he does not even know there is anything wrong, he is an amazing boy!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Lisa, he looks like he's moving quite a bit more in the last week. Are you still tying the back legs (I forgot what it's called). He sure is full of spunk! I watched this with Wilson by my side on my iPad and he got right up to the screen wanting to see Chevy! :luv: I just love this little guy! xx

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lisa, he looks like he's moving quite a bit more in the last week. Are you still tying the back legs (I forgot what it's called). He sure is full of spunk! I watched this with Wilson by my side on my iPad and he got right up to the screen wanting to see Chevy! :luv: I just love this little guy! xx

No more hobbling the back legs, he does not splay them anymore. He usually kinda lays on the left one. If you can remember at the beginning his right leg was the one that showed the problem first, and his left leg seemed okay, but it quickly began to stiffen just as the right one. He now has more movement in his right leg (weird right??) than his left leg. I think it is his left leg (the original good one) that is holding him back. He keeps them close together so the hobbling and corral helped but I have learned that taping his leg into a sitting position may have saved him. Too bad the vet didn't know to do that and it was not until [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] showed me a website that I got in touch with someone who has experienced this and has given me some great advice to help get him where he is today. He used to just lay in one spot, now he goes around in circles with his brothers and sis, just not as fast of course. :) His hips are positioned very high and his butt is so tiny. But I do think that is because he has no muscle tone in his butt, the ones you would get from walking. Hopefully with his new corral he will start building on those. :pray: :heart:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh that's wonderful progress in just the past 10 days. I'm so glad I found that site and decided to share it with you. I really thought you had seen it already. Give my Chevy a big Kiss! :luv:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
He just very precious boy and I'm sure will grow up to be a beautiful bullie:heart: Great job!

Most Reactions