Other Cherry Eye surgery

pinkerbell81

Jul 20, 2012
Rocklin, CA (Norcal)
Bulldog(s) Names
Chancho
I just wanted to give an update on Chancho. Last time I was on here his Cherry eye had went away....but then it came back :(
So after several weeks of trying to get his cherry eye back in we decided to move forward with the surgery. His surgery was scheduled for this morning....I was a nervous wreck!! :*( The phone call from the vets office saying all went well was SOOOO relieving! He's been home for about 3 hours now and he's getting back to his normal self. His eye is a bit swollen and red but we were reassured that this is just from the surgery and that it should reduce as time goes on. The biggest problem is that he absolutely HATES his e-collar. He's miserable and keeps "telling" me he wants it off! :mad: I hope he gets used to it soon because he's going to have to wear it for the next 10 to 14 days.

I'll keep posting his progress.
Chancho's bullie vet is awesome so I know everything is gonna be alright. :2thumbs:

L

Lucy-licious

He'll get used to the collar....Bily even sat still while we took it off and put it back on after the first 24 hours when he had an eye ulcer.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Im glad the surgery went well. There are soft collars made that are more comfortable that you can consider if he doesnt get used to the hard one.

OP
pinkerbell81

pinkerbell81

Jul 20, 2012
Rocklin, CA (Norcal)
Bulldog(s) Names
Chancho
[MENTION=5995]DesertBum[/MENTION] yea that darn thing got me good this morning! Maybe even more than those little shark teeth lol

[MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] that's good that he got used to it. gives me some hope!

[MENTION=3639]Bruce[/MENTION] p I'll definitely look into a soft one if he still doesn't like it after a few more days. tha nks!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Samson had dual cherry eye surgery and I was able to take it off after a few days. I hope you get the same results. The day after surgery the swelling was gone and he looked fabulous! Please keep us posted, and don't forget pictures :D

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So happy the surgery went well and he is back home.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
so glad the procedure went well... hugs and prayers for a quick recovery

OP
pinkerbell81

pinkerbell81

Jul 20, 2012
Rocklin, CA (Norcal)
Bulldog(s) Names
Chancho
Thanks everyone! He's looking better already. Still a little red but so far so good! I'll upload pics as soon as I can get him to stay still and pose :p

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.