URGENT!!! Tail Amputation..??

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
So tomorrow our son Chelios will be getting his tail apmutated. He has had horrible tail pocket problems since we first got him. Several doctors have recommended getting it amputated, but just the thought and sound of it horrified me. So I kept saying no and thought I could control it. Well three years later and the problem has gotten severely bad. No matter how many times a day we clean it. I feel horrible for Chelios always itching his butt, always hurting and bleeding :( So we came to conclusion that this is something that needs to be done to make him better. Tomorrow is the big day and i'm quit nervous.. :cry: I just dont want anything to happen to him. We're going with our family doctor which we've been going to for over 15years. I trust him. I guess I would just like to hear if there's anyother stories out there who have had it done too? Did everything turn out good? Anything I should be aware of..? Any suggestion or ANYTHING would be helpful. Pleeease && thank you everyone!<3

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Love you son's name.... I have a Frenchie named Chelios.

as for the tail, our girl Banks was a candidate for tail removal, but we had a full blood allergy test done, found her issue was chickent --- changed her food to a chicken and grain free and all he issues cleared up.

[MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] ... his bully Gizmo had the tail amputation procedure.

Good luck and keep us posted

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Wow ! a rash of these all of a sudden, I'm feeling like a broken record :)

Gizmo had her tail removed 18 months ago. She is doing REALLY well :) happier and healthier - it is a Major Surgery - make sure the doctor gives your baby pain therapy (Pain Pills) I'll look for the other posts I've written up on this subject and send you the link.

OH Make sure they use the RIGHT anesthesia ! *DO NOT LET THEM USE* acepromazine also known as 'ACE' .
looking for other threads now :)

OP
Kikiwhoa21

Kikiwhoa21

Jun 16, 2010
Wonderland, Texas!
Bulldog(s) Names
Chev Chelios && Faith
Thanks so much guys! Surgery went good! Chelios is doing awesome! No more ichy booty! :) So far he seems happy, he is taking his meds everyday! But im sure after the stitches are out i'll see more results. But so far so good! Thanks so much [MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION]! That thread was quit helpful! :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So happy to hear everything went well! Speedy recovery!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad the surgery went well, miss you around here :-) You should visit us more!

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
I'm glad things went well too! I'll say a prayer for both of you!

I think once it heals that wrinkle in the back will hide it & you won't be able to tell he even had the surgery. So he can still be a butt model!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Thanks so much guys! Surgery went good! Chelios is doing awesome! No more ichy booty! :) So far he seems happy, he is taking his meds everyday! But im sure after the stitches are out i'll see more results. But so far so good! Thanks so much @RaRett! That thread was quit helpful! :)

I'm glad I could help, when we went through it, OMG it was scarey and there wasnt alot of information out there that I could find on the subject !

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.