Thread: How to Gain Weight the Healthy Way?

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member Raspberryswirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oswald Cobblepot
    Likes (Received)

Default How to Gain Weight the Healthy Way?

So, Roxy has been with us now about a month and a half, and behaviourally she is coming around nicely.

We swapped her food to the Blue Buffalo, and she took really well to it. She is eating about two bowls of food per day now...

The problem is, she is STILL really not gaining much weight. She still looks VERY skinny, and I was wondering if there was something else I could feed her (without overfeeding) that would make her put on a few pounds? I'm wondering if some of the thyroid medication she should never have been on is still in her system affecting her weight gain progress? If that is the case, how long do you think I should wait before getting concerned?

I'm trying to keep her as healthy as humanly (canine-ly!) possible. Her coat is slowly improving/growing back, and she is very happy and active... I am really just concerned she is not getting any bigger.

Any advice?

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How to Gain Weight the Healthy Way?

I take it she has been wormed. Our cat had to be wormed 3 times to get them all! I don't think thyroid med. would still be in her system affecting her metabolism after that length of time. If she can have dairy and eggs a small bowl of cubed cheese, cottage cheese, and chopped hard cooked egg daily will put on weight.

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member Raspberryswirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oswald Cobblepot
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How to Gain Weight the Healthy Way?

Yes, she's been checked for worms and does not have them...

I will try the dairy... and possibly the egg, but won't that make her fart? XD

Remove Ads