General Question Tail Pocket

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We discovered Bacon's recently after having him on the beach where he got salt in there from swimming in the ocean with me and sand from the beach. We had an oh :poo::poo:moment when the gunk pile was realized. My lovely wife cleaned most of it out but it was so raw a that point that Bacon protested, it was better tonight and she was able to clean the rest of the gunk out and we have happy Bacon now

dizzie miss lizzie

Sep 22, 2012
Bucharest
Bulldog(s) Names
dizzie
Hi,
Iā€™m new here and I have a question about cleaning the tail pocket.I usually clean Dizzie (8weeks) at least twice a day or after she poops if Iā€™mat home during the day. I clean the hole area with a special wet tissue or water and dog shampoo and after that I dry the place with a soft cloth and apply baby powder.
I read here that is good to apply also a nappy cream to keep the moisture out. Itā€™s ok if I apply the cream on daily bases?
She has a tight wriggled little tail and Iā€™m afraid she might get an infection there.
She also has a dry snout, itā€™s ok iff I put some ointment on that?I have a chanterelle cream that is made with natural ingredients, more like a vaseline and natural shea butter in the house.
Thanks a lot!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.