General Question Tail Pocket

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
So just discovered yesterday that Lulu has a tail pocket (duh me). It took several wipes to get it clean. Allot of "crap" and hair came out. Finally got it clean and dried with a paper towel.

My question is how often should a person clean it? Once a day?

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
'as often as necessary' is the actual answer, you will learn after a short period of time when it needs done. Just keep an eye on it :) :) :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Agree with rarhett, just make sure you use something that has drying agents in it (I use malecetic otic) because if you leave it moist it can get worse instead of better!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I clean Tate's tail pocket at least once a day. It's a very deep pocket and at one point, when I wasn't very diligent about cleaning it, the Vet told me it was close to looking like an infection. She started mentioning amputation (worst case scenario), so since then, it's been 1x/day for me.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We'll usually do ours about once or twice a week.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am very thankful that Vegas has a very small pocket, I clean it usually twice a week. It totally grosses me out, lol.

OP
Heff102

Heff102

Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Have to laugh the way i discovered it.
She was on the Lazy Boy with me and I said to my wife ok her azz smells bad.
So I got the reply....Go clean it then....Like a loving husband I got up and did as I was told as usual.
Little latter I said ok it still stinks...reply well go clean it again then...up I go again like the perfect little soldier and get a wet one. Well this time I start digging around and suddenly I feel hey whats this? I stick my finger in a ways and pull out this gunk :barf:. Get another wet one do it again more gunk. This goes on few times and I notice Lulu is actually enjoying it like oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss sorta way!
Ok after several wipes I say to my wife ok we need to bath her...reply well go bath her then....off I go with my marching orders and into the tub Lulu goes. Used some dog shampoo and thoroughly cleaned the whole area. Out of the tub dried her off and wiped her "pocket" with a paper towel. The whole time Lulu has this glazed look over her smooshy mug in total ecstasy thoroughly enjoying her tail pocket getting cleaned.

So now we have a sweet smelling little girl again.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I'd say you are P (Kitty) Whipped.... but in this case ya are BULLY WHIPPED :) :) :) LOL great story :) :) :)

Like a good soldier :)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
You are REALLY well trained; was it your wife or your mother that trained you so well? Can I send my husband over for some training? Have you considered being cloned?

OP
Heff102

Heff102

Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
You are REALLY well trained; was it your wife or your mother that trained you so well? Can I send my husband over for some training? Have you considered being cloned?

Well of course im sure if you got the same story from my wife it just may vary slightly!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So I got the reply....Go clean it then....Like a loving husband I got up and did as I was told as usual.
Little latter I said ok it still stinks...reply well go clean it again then...up I go again like the perfect little soldier and get a wet one. Well this time I start digging around and suddenly I feel hey whats this? I stick my finger in a ways and pull out this gunk :barf:. Get another wet one do it again more gunk. This goes on few times and I notice Lulu is actually enjoying it like oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssss sorta way!
Ok after several wipes I say to my wife ok we need to bath her...reply well go bath her then....off I go with my marching orders and into the tub Lulu goes. Used some dog shampoo and thoroughly cleaned the whole area. Out of the tub dried her off and wiped her "pocket" with a paper towel. The whole time Lulu has this glazed look over her smooshy mug in total ecstasy thoroughly enjoying her tail pocket getting cleaned.

What a great bully-daddy!! And, a good husband too.... :giggle: BTW -- we wipe Banks everyday

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman

wait...what?? you cleaned the bootie, multiple times and bathed her?

Herman's having soft poop days and they were a couple of days that globs were hanging off, my husband saw me cleaning it once. Then next time he tried it - not sure why..... now he AVOIDS anything dealing with poop and wipes. It's like the wipes and Hermans butt DO NOT EXIST.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online