General Question Drooling in their sleep

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Does your bully do this? Been noticing that the stiggy's been leaving drool pools in the past month or so, but it's not a daily occurrence. At first I thought it was pee, but after smelling it ... (your know you'd do the same!) ... I don't believe it is. Hoping this is normal behavior and nothing to be concerned about.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola's got the dry mouth when she sleeps. *shrug* i'm sure it's fine to drool though :) also, congrats on your moderator of the month award, you deserved it...i would have posted in the original thread, but i've been using my phone lately and havent downloaded tapatalk. i can read just fine but typing is awkward!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah doesnt drool that i know of but once in a while i would not think is bad and you say its not much. heck i drool in my sleep so im thinking dogs will sometimes to.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon does on occasion that I've noticed in his day pen. If he did at night I wouldn't know, Mom wakes him up in the morning mostly

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
mine do not seem to drool in their sleep. You may want to just check that Stiggy's not having any mouth ailment--teeth and gums look okay, no sores on his tongue? I remember when Finn had his abscessed tooth he drooled more than usual. I'd just give Stig's mouth a looksy to be on the safe side.

OP
izstigspunks

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Bf just checked and he said that everything looks normal, no smell and he didn't squirm or anything. I guess he just a drooler. Haha.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Bf just checked and he said that everything looks normal, no smell and he didn't squirm or anything. I guess he just a drooler. Haha.
Good. Finn squirmed when I tried looking at his mouth. You certainly do have a droplet in your hands. Maybe hes licking the area where he sleeps. Finn does that as well.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Herman doesn't drool in his sleep, but he did drool a little in bed when he was teething and I think it was hurting him and it was bloody. So hopefully nothing is hurting in his mouth.

LOL [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] I do too once in a while, whenever I do get to sleep at all. :2thumbs:

Most Reactions