Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE HELP!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Kimbo
    Likes (Received)

Exclamation PLEASE HELP!

Kimbo will be 7 months in just under two weeks. He's been housebroken fairly well and has learned a wide range of different tricks. About two weeks ago he got sick. He had diarrhea and even threw up. We had not changed his diet and we were stumped. We later found out that the food we bought from the pet store near the house was expired. I gave them my two cents and worked that all out. I had fed him some white rice and boiled chicken as instructed and that seemed to do the trick. He has been fine up until last night. We woke up to find poop everywhere in his crate and on the kitchen floor. I know its not because we left him there too long. He is always in there at night with no problem. My husband and I take him out after every meal, after we play with him, and at least twice before bed, sometimes more. We had tried to put one of those crate beds inside but he pees on anything thats soft to the touch, regardless if its in his crate or not. He doesn't pee on the carpet or on the couch, but if its a pet bed or anything to that sort, he will pee in it. I don't know if its the food that's the issue again or if its something else. can anyone offer some insight? We don't know what to do! He is only crated at night because he likes to chew up the walls. During the day he is not in there. Only when he sleeps. He is still a pup so he is bound to chew if we are sleeping because we can't keep an eye on him. He has had a fecal exam and he does not have worms.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hi! When they did the fecal, did they check for giardia? Did you put him back on the same food after the first issue? I am guessing it is what he is eating or giardia.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!

Could be food related, or could be just a one time thing. See how he does tonight.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    Hi! When they did the fecal, did they check for giardia? Did you put him back on the same food after the first issue? I am guessing it is what he is eating or giardia.
    Agreed..... you have to ask for them to test for Giardia ... some vets do not test for it unless requested.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

I hope he is felling better. I agree with all of the above sugestions for the test. Also, what are you feeding him?
    LisaMarie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Kimbo
    Likes (Received)

I will br bringing him to the vet to check for Giardia. Thank you!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Kimbo
    Likes (Received)

He is feeling a bit better but I will bring him to rule out any sickness. I feed him the Royal Canin brand. That's all hes ever eaten since he was able to eat solid food

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

hopefully it was just a bug and he will be fine but id get him tested maybe to rule out anything else. keep us updated

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Hope he starts feeling better soon

Bulldog(s) Names
    Kimbo
    Likes (Received)

Update: So I was told by a fellow ebd owner that feeding him so boiled rice and chicken will help solidify his stool and ease his stomach. I gave him some of this yesterday, just a bit. He did poop but not enough to be able to tell if he is back to normal. I fed it to him agaib this morning. Should I give this to him for a day or two more and see what happens before I bring him to the vet? There is no trace of blood in his stool that I can see since this has happened. Although he seems to still have a bit of trouble eliminating, possibly because I only fed him a bit of the rice and chicken?
    Last edited by KimboSlice; 09-19-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Real Name
    AKC Reg: Rev. Charles Hadden Spurgeon
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rev. Charles Hadden Spurgeon currently, and 3 others before, Lord Chesterfield, Evie, and Dooda
    Likes (Received)

Sorry Kimbo is going through the yucky stuff. I hope he feels better soon. Grace and peace, Spurgeon
    From the narrow path,

Len Qualls

One Over 99 Ministry
    Luke 15:7
    @OneOver99

Notice: Due to the nature of my ministry striving to glorify Christ Jesus, as well as maintaining integrity, transparency, and accountability in my marriage, all correspondences with members of the opposite sex are shared with my wife.
    This is the best ever Far Side Cartoon by Gary Larsen imho.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Rice is great to help soft stools become solid. If the blood is bright red I think it means a disturbance in the lower intestine... It's the dark blood you dont want to see. Tidus had a bout of colitis and a 5 day treatment of albon, added fiber and yogurt helped get him back on track. There are certain intestine bad bacteria that dint come out on a fecal unless looking for it specifically, so maybe you can discuss with your vet about doing a 5 day with Albon or Marquis. My vet says don't do more than 5 days because it will kill all the good bacteria too. Thus adding the yogurt to help aid in good bacteria. Keep us posted

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads