URGENT!!! PLEASE HELP!

KimboSlice

Sep 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Kimbo
Kimbo will be 7 months in just under two weeks. He's been housebroken fairly well and has learned a wide range of different tricks. About two weeks ago he got sick. He had diarrhea and even threw up. We had not changed his diet and we were stumped. We later found out that the food we bought from the pet store near the house was expired. I gave them my two cents and worked that all out. I had fed him some white rice and boiled chicken as instructed and that seemed to do the trick. He has been fine up until last night. We woke up to find poop everywhere in his crate and on the kitchen floor. I know its not because we left him there too long. He is always in there at night with no problem. My husband and I take him out after every meal, after we play with him, and at least twice before bed, sometimes more. We had tried to put one of those crate beds inside but he pees on anything thats soft to the touch, regardless if its in his crate or not. He doesn't pee on the carpet or on the couch, but if its a pet bed or anything to that sort, he will pee in it. I don't know if its the food that's the issue again or if its something else. can anyone offer some insight? We don't know what to do! He is only crated at night because he likes to chew up the walls. During the day he is not in there. Only when he sleeps. He is still a pup so he is bound to chew if we are sleeping because we can't keep an eye on him. He has had a fecal exam and he does not have worms.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Hi! When they did the fecal, did they check for giardia? Did you put him back on the same food after the first issue? I am guessing it is what he is eating or giardia.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Could be food related, or could be just a one time thing. See how he does tonight.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi! When they did the fecal, did they check for giardia? Did you put him back on the same food after the first issue? I am guessing it is what he is eating or giardia.

Agreed..... you have to ask for them to test for Giardia ... some vets do not test for it unless requested.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I hope he is felling better. I agree with all of the above sugestions for the test. Also, what are you feeding him?

OP
KimboSlice

KimboSlice

Sep 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Kimbo
I will br bringing him to the vet to check for Giardia. Thank you!

OP
KimboSlice

KimboSlice

Sep 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Kimbo
He is feeling a bit better but I will bring him to rule out any sickness. I feed him the Royal Canin brand. That's all hes ever eaten since he was able to eat solid food

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hopefully it was just a bug and he will be fine but id get him tested maybe to rule out anything else. keep us updated

OP
KimboSlice

KimboSlice

Sep 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Kimbo
Update: So I was told by a fellow ebd owner that feeding him so boiled rice and chicken will help solidify his stool and ease his stomach. I gave him some of this yesterday, just a bit. He did poop but not enough to be able to tell if he is back to normal. I fed it to him agaib this morning. Should I give this to him for a day or two more and see what happens before I bring him to the vet? There is no trace of blood in his stool that I can see since this has happened. Although he seems to still have a bit of trouble eliminating, possibly because I only fed him a bit of the rice and chicken?

Last edited:

Spurgeon

May 3, 2012
Middleburg FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rev. Charles Hadden Spurgeon currently, and 3 others before, Lord Chesterfield, Evie, and Dooda
Sorry Kimbo is going through the yucky stuff. I hope he feels better soon. Grace and peace, Spurgeon

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Rice is great to help soft stools become solid. If the blood is bright red I think it means a disturbance in the lower intestine... It's the dark blood you dont want to see. Tidus had a bout of colitis and a 5 day treatment of albon, added fiber and yogurt helped get him back on track. There are certain intestine bad bacteria that dint come out on a fecal unless looking for it specifically, so maybe you can discuss with your vet about doing a 5 day with Albon or Marquis. My vet says don't do more than 5 days because it will kill all the good bacteria too. Thus adding the yogurt to help aid in good bacteria. Keep us posted :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
KimboSlice

KimboSlice

Sep 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Kimbo
Rice is great to help soft stools become solid. If the blood is bright red I think it means a disturbance in the lower intestine... It's the dark blood you dont want to see. Tidus had a bout of colitis and a 5 day treatment of albon, added fiber and yogurt helped get him back on track. There are certain intestine bad bacteria that dint come out on a fecal unless looking for it specifically, so maybe you can discuss with your vet about doing a 5 day with Albon or Marquis. My vet says don't do more than 5 days because it will kill all the good bacteria too. Thus adding the yogurt to help aid in good bacteria. Keep us posted :)

UPDATE: So Kimbo has no parasite, worms, etc :) yay for good news! Just an upset stomach. There was no blood in his stool so that was a good sign. He's back to his playful self. Vet advised to keep him on the rice and chicken for a day or two more and just slowly introduce his food again. So far the stool is solid in form. Still a bit on the soft side but thats still a good sign. I will maybe add in some yogurt as you suggested just to be on the safe side. Thanks!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
UPDATE: So Kimbo has no parasite, worms, etc :) yay for good news! Just an upset stomach. There was no blood in his stool so that was a good sign. He's back to his playful self. Vet advised to keep him on the rice and chicken for a day or two more and just slowly introduce his food again. So far the stool is solid in form. Still a bit on the soft side but thats still a good sign. I will maybe add in some yogurt as you suggested just to be on the safe side. Thanks!

Good to hear!! :up:

Now how about some pictures? :D

OP
KimboSlice

KimboSlice

Sep 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Kimbo
smile.jpg
He's all smiles again :):clap2:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.