Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PLEASE HELP!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Kimbo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: PLEASE HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Rice is great to help soft stools become solid. If the blood is bright red I think it means a disturbance in the lower intestine... It's the dark blood you dont want to see. Tidus had a bout of colitis and a 5 day treatment of albon, added fiber and yogurt helped get him back on track. There are certain intestine bad bacteria that dint come out on a fecal unless looking for it specifically, so maybe you can discuss with your vet about doing a 5 day with Albon or Marquis. My vet says don't do more than 5 days because it will kill all the good bacteria too. Thus adding the yogurt to help aid in good bacteria. Keep us posted

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

UPDATE: So Kimbo has no parasite, worms, etc yay for good news! Just an upset stomach. There was no blood in his stool so that was a good sign. He's back to his playful self. Vet advised to keep him on the rice and chicken for a day or two more and just slowly introduce his food again. So far the stool is solid in form. Still a bit on the soft side but thats still a good sign. I will maybe add in some yogurt as you suggested just to be on the safe side. Thanks!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KimboSlice View Post
    UPDATE: So Kimbo has no parasite, worms, etc yay for good news! Just an upset stomach. There was no blood in his stool so that was a good sign. He's back to his playful self. Vet advised to keep him on the rice and chicken for a day or two more and just slowly introduce his food again. So far the stool is solid in form. Still a bit on the soft side but thats still a good sign. I will maybe add in some yogurt as you suggested just to be on the safe side. Thanks!
    Good to hear!!

Now how about some pictures?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Kimbo
    Likes (Received)

-smile-jpg
    He's all smiles again

“Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

Something like this happened to Tonka about two weeks ago but he started with vomiting, rushed to the vet, he was checked out, given the ok health wise, given a shot to help stop him from vomiting and home we went. Held his food for 24 hours like the vet said and started slow.. then the loose stoole came with lots of mucus (sorry yuk). I did the rice and scambled egg for 4 days, stopped the rice did 1 scarmbled egg and half a cup of food for a couple more and yay... poop is getting back to normal is so is the boy.. so we are now back to just the food (fromm is what we switched him too from wellness). When I went to get more food, I talked with the lady and wasnt going to get a larger bag because I worried that it may have been from the food (because the vet couldnt give me any explanation of what was going on) but after talking with her, it may have been the stress of the kids going back to school and the change in his routine? also, i started walking him more because it was cool... and you know, nose down snorting and snifffing EVERYTHING.. worried it may have been poop from another dog? Long story short.. hahah he is doing better and I hope that your baby is too.. :0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads