Other Tanks vet visit

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I walked the back yard this morning and noticed one of our tomato plants grew through the fence and you can tell it was chewed on. vet said they are toxic to dogs and believes that is what caused the hives. he looks good this morning just a few bumps still has some loose bowels vet wants him to stay on benedryl 3x a day for a few more days till everything is out of his system we have to take him back immediately though if he becomes lethargic or starts puking.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh yes!! They are toxic, not the tomato but the stem and leaves! I hope he gets better now, poor baby!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Oh my I'm sorry to see this. I hope he is ok n they post soon about him. Oh my

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hope Tank is doing well. We will keep him in our thoughts.

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Oh dear oh dear! I hope they are able to give Tank something to counteract the toxicity. Shoot, if they got stuff for snake bites, surely there is something for a plant.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
he was stable as of last night. had to have several shots and were giving him a high dose of benedryl, steroids and they gave him something for the swelling. they open in a half hour and ill definately be calling to check on him then.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Oh my ill be looking for more updates on this n be saying prayers he is ok soon. So was it the tomatoes? I hope he is back home with you soon. I know how hard it is to not have your baby home with you.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
said hes doing a lot better and as long as the morning goes ok he should be able to go home this afternoon. it was the tomato plant they did a charcoal treatment last night to counter act the toxins. im definately going to be looking up all my plants after this to make sure no others are poisonous. we also used chicken wire around the tomatoes so that they wont grow into the fence again.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.