General Question MalAcetic ULTRA Otic

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Palm Beach County Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Hello everyone. I am wondering if anyone use's this to clean their bullies ears. It was recomended from someone I talk to about ebd's ( breeder) who use's this. I took my puppy to the vet about 1 week or 2 after first getting him because I noticed his ears itched him and she gave me some anti biotic cream and a cleaning solution but it never really worked. Helped a bit but I started using this epi-octic which many people use and this really doesnt help either. She has looked in his ears and he actually just got home Friday from being hospitilized with Parvo for 5 days and he is home and playfull. eating like crazy. having solid stools ect but I really don't feel like bringing him back to the vet again so quickly when this might help. It does say use by perscription from a vet but this woman I talk to online use's it with all her bullies and she is a breeder. Í just don't want to give him anything that may harm him in the long run and was wondering if anyone else use's this? Thanks Hero

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
**bumping this up**

I'd use this on ears if there were a problem with them, I suppose. It's good for lots of things and lots of folks here use that stuff for this or that. I certainly do. But I'm no ear expert. Let's bump this up to see what others have to say.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
I believe this has hydrocortisone in it, so that will help with the itching. I use the TrizUltra+Keto (Made by dermapet also) for everyday cleaning when there's gunk in the ears and they aren't itchy (no hydrocortisone) and when they are itchy I put Zymox in (this has hydrocortisone). I just want to make note that I noticed on some of the pet supply websites, they have the Manufacturer information and usage link and in there it says Dechra (formerly DermaPet). The bottle of TrizUltra that I have was from DermaPet NOT from this "new" company, so I cannot speak to what Dechra is producing. I don't have my bottles in front of me so I can't tell if they changed the formula or dosage of the ingredients. Who knows, it may be the same exact thing, but just wanted everyone to be aware of it.

Anywho, sorry to ramble...I think you should try it, but I wouldn't use a cleaner with hydrocortisone all the time as a regular cleaner (just my opinion). I only use my hydrocortisone cleaner when Bruin seems itchy, which isn't everyday, someone else may use it everyday. I'm just overly paranoid about any type of steroid (even the little amount that it is)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Lillynbruin posted exactly what I would have. I use this whenever I see rust under paw pads, in nose rope, irritated tear stains, or yucky ears. However I would not use it everyday either. Usually once or twice does the trick and then I go back to malecetic otic for regular maintainence.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Wow. Thanks everyone, I guess a lot of folks do use it then, she the breeder who told me about this- just wrote me an email and told me she is sending a bottle for me to try. Thanks everyone. Hero

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Wow. Thanks everyone, I guess a lot of folks do use it then, she the breeder who told me about this- just wrote me an email and told me she is sending a bottle for me to try. Thanks everyone. Hero

Wow that's nice of her :2thumbs:

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Sure is. Thanks everyone, I think what she is sending me is the regular- not the ultra. In my google search.somehow it just came up and has been on my desktop since that time. Appreciate it. Hero

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Well. she said she would send me some and ofcourse I thought wow that is nice of her. I didn't even purchase my ebd from her? Then I get another email with an invoice attached as a PDF and she paid $33.00 for an 8 oz bottle of this stuff? and said "you can reimburse me or no" with a little smiley ? Does anyone here pay that much for Malacetic ultra 8 oz bottle? I can find it for $10.00. $15.00 and up for an 8 oz bottle but not anything near $33.00 WOW thought someone was being nice. I wrote her back and asked if she thought she was paying too much for this or am I misunderstanding something.. ( and ofcourse attatched a link where it is sold for $15.00 ) . Hero

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.