General Question Should I be concerned?

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Okay all you helpful, experienced Bulldog owners, I need your thoughts. My pup is 9 months old and healthy - Thank Goodness! Here's my issues. I was outside picking up the daily Tank droppings today, when I noticed something blue in one of the "logs" :) Being the concerned mamma, I hesitantly dissected it (yuck - I know) to discover it was the fabric-like leg of one of his toys that we had discarded about 2 weeks ago because it was coming apart. The other leg had been eaten and passed a couple of weeks before that. We didn't know where the other one went and just figured it too had been eaten and passed. He has acted completely fine, normal bowel movements and appetite all this time, with the exception of this past Friday when he threw up a couple of times. The contents were several pieces of nylabone and something hubby couldn't identify, but now we think could have been another part of the leg. Is it possible that the leg piece has been in his stomach all this time? Should I call the vet with this info, to make sure all his insides are good, nothing else inside and no damage caused? What would you all do?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'd just keep an eye on his :poo; and eating... as long as there is no blood, he continues to eat and poo as normal and no more vomiting.... he should be fine. However, it seems yopu need to be more watchful of him as he likes to eat everything ... Cheli is like this too, we have to pay close attention to the little stinker.

Right .. [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
As long as he is doing well, acting normal, is eating and pooping OK and not vomiting, he should be fine. Out Lucy eat part of a towel and was still pooping out towel 2 weeks later.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Okay all you helpful, experienced Bulldog owners, I need your thoughts. My pup is 9 months old and healthy - Thank Goodness! Here's my issues. I was outside picking up the daily Tank droppings today, when I noticed something blue in one of the "logs" :) Being the concerned mamma, I hesitantly dissected it (yuck - I know) to discover it was the fabric-like leg of one of his toys that we had discarded about 2 weeks ago because it was coming apart. The other leg had been eaten and passed a couple of weeks before that. We didn't know where the other one went and just figured it too had been eaten and passed. He has acted completely fine, normal bowel movements and appetite all this time, with the exception of this past Friday when he threw up a couple of times. The contents were several pieces of nylabone and something hubby couldn't identify, but now we think could have been another part of the leg. Is it possible that the leg piece has been in his stomach all this time? Should I call the vet with this info, to make sure all his insides are good, nothing else inside and no damage caused? What would you all do?

Sadly..from experience it is MOST possible it was in him this long! I have sooooo much experience with what goes in..coming out! :bang: it is usually (for Jake) a two week process. He normally starts with vomiting..at precisely 2:15 AM! :cursing: then the next couple days what didn't come out that way..comes out in his :poo: I have seen Jake "process" much more than a fabric toy leg..if he's eating and acting normal..just watch him and you'll have to do what we do..Jake has a very small world when unattended! :ROFL:

OP
Corlando465

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Whew! Thanks again everyone! We usually watch him closely, but that particular toy that was supposed to be "extra tough" and cost $15 ~ grumble ~ came apart way too easily. He also seems to be getting so much more powerful. It seems like we are throwing away damaged toys and demolished nylabones daily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I recycle Bacon's :poo::poo: in the back yard by basically blasting it with the hose until it totally disintegrates into the grass and you would be amazed at the different colored stuff that is in there even if it isn't toy parts, bone parts, etc. Some weird digestive process was making little orange balls when he was eating TOTW, they went away when he started on Fromm

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.