Help Needed! skin rash??

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Picture.jpg

Has anyone seen this before????? There is large bumps every where on tank this morning. kindof looks like hives would on us. Poor thing is going round in circles trying to scratch

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
anyone have any suggestions?? hes going round and circles trying to scratch and you can just tell hes very uncomfortable. plan on getting him into the vet tomorrow but is there anything i can do for him in the mean time???

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
does look like hives but sarah usually get them on her back so hard to say but some type of rash. benadryl can be given 1 pill per 25 pounds. also some hydrocortisone cream can be put on it to help with the itching also. also finding out the source is good to but since your going to the vet tomorrow they should be able to help with that. maybe see about an allergy test while you are there. ill tag some others who can help also. [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ouchie! It looks like a reaction to something. Did it show up all at once? I would definitely I've Benadryl and use a topical to help with itching. Maybe after it calms down and not so pink you can see if he was bitten? Any new food or treats? Poor guy. Others will probably have a better idea but I'd treat the symptoms right away to help with his discomfort.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
it is getting worse it was just on his private areas about a hour ago. now its on his whole belly, legs, and paws and now im noticing bumps in his fur and hes scratching his face on the floor :(..... im freaking out right now :crying:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
you may want to start with one and 1/2 pills and give him a bath incase he got into something he is reacting to. or 2 pills if he weights close to 40 pounds with that kinda reaction. if he has trouble breathing then get him to the er vet or if his face swells. keep us posted and dont freak out. it will be ok.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Definitely get some Benedryl as everyone has said, plus as [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] has said you may want to bath him or at least wipe his underside down with a wet cloth to try to get the irritant off him. Has anything changed lately? Sprayed the yard with anything lately? New floor cleaner? Just trying to figure out what might has caused this.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
they are hives.... as others have said... benedryl 1mg per pound up to 3x a day... bathe or wipe him down and think of what is different

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
i gave him benedryl now just waiting. i also picked up some hydro-cortisone cream. nothing has changed in the environment. i just don't get it :( he is allergic to grass but hes only just turned pinkish red if he wasn't wiped down right away he has never had hives before or any rashes.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
got to thinking, the neighbor behind us and the one next to them started having a lawn service come out for lawn maintenance (not mowing) could the chemicals in their yards possibly make it over to ours?

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Its now been 4 hours since his benedry dose and the hives are still there the hydro cortisone stopped the itching though and hes sleeping in his kennel right now. I talked to the vet and she said if the benedryl doesn't take it a way then he needs to be seen. Is it safe to wait till tomorrow or should I go ahead and take him to the emergency vet?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
if he is in his kennel sleeping and he seems fine other than the hives id wait till tomorrow. how much benadryl did you give? was it 2. id maybe give him another later on if he seems to need it. otherwise id take him in the am

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.