Help Needed! skin rash??

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
i havent noticed any other symptoms. he was still active before his nap, eating and drinking and his breathing is fine

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
you actually could have given him another half with his weight. its 1 per 25 pounds but like i said if he is doing all that and he seems fine id wait. its when the breathing is labored and the face swells and stuff you have to worry. keep us updated. and apply the cream as much as needed.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
i gave him two. he weighs 65 lbs

I have two environmental allergy bull's right now, Jack has been to the vet on Saturday because he is older and with every season change in the fall he will get worse and worse, he turned 9 last week. He gets put on antibiotics every year at this time. This year it's on his head. The skin gets real thick and the hair will fall out. It's common, dermatitis . My vet has me given him a heavier dose of Benedryl he's 100 pounds he get's 125 mg 2-3 times a day. Up to 2 weeks straight. it really does dry him out.We also use Pyoben shampoo and two weeks of Cephalexin 100 mg. we are use to this since he's little, every late summer early fall. We want to avoid starting him on steroids at all costs.
Griz has something that looks just like the belly of your bully. I give him 3 beny's twice a day and put Desitine on the belly every night at bed time. He's had the rash for one week and starting to clear up, it's also environmental.
Also, a water mixed with vinegar balances the ph level. Just pour it over him and leave it on. and that will stop the itch and help to clear it up.

Food allergy's generally show up with runny watery eyes and then rash's and/ or extra yeast infections.

How's he doing tonight? please keep me posted.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
It seemed to start coming back full force again so we gave him more benedryl bathed him just in case he got into anything and re allied hydrocortisone. All the benedryl seems to be doing is taking the redness out of the rash other than that the rash seems to not be going down instead it seems to have spread. Hes also very gassy tonight and has loose bowels. We are wondering if that's from the benedryl... otherwise he is acting fine

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Not sure if this applies, but when I use warm water on a rash it seems to get worse... Did you bath in warm/hot water?

If it does not start going down with the benedryl I would take him in. Benedryl should not cause runny stool so that makes me wonder what is causing it. Poor baby. I hope you can keep comfy until tomorrow....

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It seemed to start coming back full force again so we gave him more benedryl bathed him just in case he got into anything and re allied hydrocortisone. All the benedryl seems to be doing is taking the redness out of the rash other than that the rash seems to not be going down instead it seems to have spread. Hes also very gassy tonight and has loose bowels. We are wondering if that's from the benedryl... otherwise he is acting fine

Well then with the loose bowls and gas, have you given him any table food or new treats/new food? because this can be a symptom of food related allergy with the runs. also you have said your neighbor has put lawn treatment down, this can cause reactions until it's rained or watered in. I would call the vet if it doesn't clear up within a day or two and take his temp.

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
We gave him his bath after it got worse it was warm water... hope that hasn't made things worse. :(. He has food allergies hes allergic to grains and chicken. We use natural balance limited ingredient fish. We don't feed him scraps or anything because of this so the only way he could've got a hold of something was the trash which hes been very rombunctious the past week so I wouldn't put it past him(he has decided my pillow is his private place to pee) its not the first time hes been rombunctious so we put it off as adolescent behavior that's gonna cause him to lose his manhood. :banghead:

OP
theparrisfive

theparrisfive

Sep 16, 2011
Northwest Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
He was doing a ton better this morning then he took a turn and had to rush him back to the bets. Unfortunately he had to stay. The hives went full body and he started to swell and have breathing issues. They gave him meds to get rid of the swelling and steroids hes currently stable.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.