Other The latest with Chunk ...

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad he seems to be better now!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Poor Chunk! And that is a lot for you to be dealing with too right now! I hope that he starts being more "regular". Sometimes I add in canned food with a little water or broth to make gravy when Frank seems stopped up. I get Fromm chopped beef with veg and add a couple of spoonfuls. It is pretty liquidy and Frank loves it.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I am so glad Chunk is a "regular" guy again. I give Ruggles bites of raw apple, broccoli, banana, etc. That keeps him going!

Congratulations on the house!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
do you have any way to get more water in him. when a dog is constipated that is the first thing i think of. i would think about going back to the grain free but maybe a different one. also might think about adding some canned food to his diet. that will usually make a dog more runny and you can also add some water to it to see if that helps. maybe try some ice cubes. i hope all gets better and the move gets done soon.

I concur on the water bit, even us humans when we dont drink enough water can 'Backup' :p also the amount of exercise. Water and Exercise might just be the simple cure. Now the weather is cooling off.. we go on our nightly walks :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Thanks everyone! He's very much back to himself now, thank goodness. Plus I think the cool weather and having run of the yard is helping a lot too!!!

I'm so glad that he is feeling better. Maybe you could give him some figs, prunes or apricots every day to keep things in there moving along? Abby loves the dehydrated fruits when she gets "stuffy" :)

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Glad to hear he's doing better, we give Bacon frozen blueberries as a treat and he loves them, but we can't to too many or his :poo: gets all squishy, which may help your situation.

OP
Chunksmama

Chunksmama

Community Veteran
Aug 20, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk aka Chunkster, Chunky Monky, Sir Drools-a-lot, Wrinkles Magee
Thanks for all your advice!!! We went to the vet Tuesday to check his eyes and skin and it's looking much better and he's still going regular too! However, he's about 5 lbs overweight so I'll be cutting back his food and adding in some green beans. Maybe I'll add some fruit too, just to make sure he keeps going. Lol

He's had such a tough day ... He played, slept, chased a cat up a tree in the backyard ... Not sure if he's comfortable now though ;)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348193958.571328.jpg

I think he might be a little cramped and not have enough toys either ...
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348194005.944535.jpg

He seems to think that half of the living room is all for him. Geez.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions