Help Needed! 12 week old pup walking sideways.

Louie89

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
Since I've had louie I would always notice his back legs would go sideways when I would take him on small walks.. I didn't think anything of it because he didn't seem in pain.. I've looked online and I've had mixed reviews hoping someone here can reassure me that its not as bad as most are making it sound :( he's jumped off the couch a couple of times with ease.. he runs jumps normally.. just hoping nothing is seriously wrong with his hip.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I don't know what you have read but I've noticed that Otis walks with his hind legs a little off to the side too, almost as if his back legs are trying not to step in the same stuff his front legs did. Before filling out the adoption papers for him he's gotten a full health check and (other than testing positive for Lyme's disease) everything from blood work to xrays have been 100% normal.

My own doctors are fond of telling me to stay off the internet because, sometimes Google really isn't your friend. If you're concerned I would bring it up at his next visit.

TonkaTruck28

Mar 19, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
When Tonka was little he used to run sideways lol. I just thought he was getting ahead of himself! He has since straightened out and runs front first lol.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Nitschke 's back legs were always of to the one side.... especially when 'trotting',,, so darn cute.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
It is a bulldog trait to trot sideways. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"When a Bulldog walks, he kind of shuffles (drags his feet slightly) from side to side, unlike many other dogs who walk forward.[/FONT]" Of course if he's really sideways it should be checked out.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.