Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parvo ( help) what do I do?

Bully Bootie Duty
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Default Parvo ( help) what do I do?

Hello everyone. My puppy who has been at the vets since Monday morning because Sunday had diariha all day was diagnosed with Giardia on Monday at the vets. She hospitilized him and has been giving him IV flagyl as well as fluids to hydrate him. I have been to see him today and yesterday. He seems fine and just started to eat a little bit today. I had mentioned to the vet that I heard that giardia was hard to diagnose because the cysts could be in an egg state and not active ect and also it could be hard to treat. well at that she ordered a ultra sound of his intestional track and a parvo test and sure enough she just called me to tell me Buddy has parvo :crying: We didn't speak long but now I am saying to myself what doest this mean? is Buddy going to die? Am I going to end up spending thousands of dollars in vet bills? Please someone tell me what this means and will he be ok? Thank you

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lupe (or Lulu)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Parvo ( help) what do I do?

Oh my, I am so sorry. I've never had a dog with parvo, but I've read there can be a range of severity. If he's already at the vet, he's getting fluids and everything he needs. So, try to take comfort in that. Poor lil muffin!

Have you heard of Care Credit? This saved us when our girl had unexpected surgery for UTIs. You can pay in installments and there's no interest up to a year (or 6 months in some cases). Also, if you have other pets or are in contact with family/neighbor pets, make sure they've got vaccinations. All I can offer for now, except good thoughts. Others will come by for sure with help.

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Well I see no one has responded, honestly, in my opinoion, it's the worst thing a puppy can get and this is the reason people should not take their puppy's out into public until all the vaccines are done. It is so contageous that it can be spread from the bottom of ones shoes. I prefer you to do a Google search on Parvo and look at the prognocises. I'm certainley praying for you guys.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh no i have no experience with it but i will be praying for your little guy.

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    None yet.
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hero4u2b View Post
    Hello everyone. My puppy who has been at the vets since Monday morning because Sunday had diariha all day was diagnosed with Giardia on Monday at the vets. She hospitilized him and has been giving him IV flagyl as well as fluids to hydrate him. I have been to see him today and yesterday. He seems fine and just started to eat a little bit today. I had mentioned to the vet that I heard that giardia was hard to diagnose because the cysts could be in an egg state and not active ect and also it could be hard to treat. well at that she ordered a ultra sound of his intestional track and a parvo test and sure enough she just called me to tell me Buddy has parvo :crying: We didn't speak long but now I am saying to myself what doest this mean? is Buddy going to die? Am I going to end up spending thousands of dollars in vet bills? Please someone tell me what this means and will he be ok? Thank you

Do you mean the Giardia parasite? I remember my sister, my brother in law and I all got that--I don't know how--a number of years ago. The people doing the test screwed up, and I didn't find out my test had come out positive until weeks later. My brother in law had been given some pills, and my sister, although they never diagnosed it, seemed to have exactly the same symptoms. We all seemed to recover at the same time, and I was told at that time that it didn't really matter that I hadn't had any medication.

Of course, I'm not a bulldog, but you might want to investigate on your own. My sister has done very well with her animals by first doing research, and getting an idea of what she could do by herself, and what she can't. It's worth researching.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hero... how old is Buddy? Parvo is very serious, but since he is at the vet getting fluids and meds - he should pull through, but it is a nasty infection and dehydration is usually the cause of death. Between not eating, drinking and diarrhea pups dehydrate quickly and most owners do not realize this pup has this infection thus waiting too long to get to the vet.

You acted quickly and your baby is in the right place get what he needs.

HUGS and PRAYERS to you and Buddy. Please keep us posted.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

I agree with 2bullymama , she is already getting helped at the vets and thats a good sign that she will get through this. Go online and check out Credit Care and see if you qualify.
    LisaMarie

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Just wanted to say I hope your bully pulls through.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Hero4u2b, how is your puppy doing now? please keep us updated and I'm thinking of Buddy.

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

I'll be praying for Buddy too...you are a great Momma and did ALL you can do.

You saved Buddy's life by getting him in so quickly and by insisting on further testing.

It's getting quickly dxed AND treated that is critical and I believe Buddy will pull thru and
    recover completely.

You get rested up for your little guy coming home and afterwards build up his immune system
    with pre & pro biotics and a good daily multi vit/mineral. Prayers! Love, Carol

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Hero4u2b please keep us updated on Buddy! when will you go to see him again?

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Butler
    Likes (Received)

How old is your puppy? Parvo is an awful diagnosis. It's good that you acted quickly and that your baby is already getting fluids and such from the vet. I was told during my puppy shots years ago that a pup under 6 months has a 50/50 chance of surviving parvo. I don't know if there are advancements in treatment since 2007, but I hope so! Keep us updated and you have lots of prayers love and well wishes coming from us here at EBN!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads