Help Needed! Parvo ( help) what do I do?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Oh so glad he's home! And what a handsome fella he is! You're such a great pawrent to rush him to the vet when you realized something wasn't right. You're quite the natural! :hug:

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
Great to hear that he is back home with you. Looks like its going to be a fun-filled weekend. What a good looking guy!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well Buddy is home and his old self. She said ( the vet) he did not have a bad case of Parvo. She had seen much much worst. Cost,> $1872.00 Level 1 care, bio hazard fees , catheter sets drugs , ect > 2 pages. They already faxed my insurance company with the claim form and even Dr Burns said Trupanion with pay it all except the 10% co pay I have so that's a relief. She said she called the pharmaceutical company " Merial" or Meril. Don't exactly know how you spell it but Buddy has had 5 vaccinations for Parvo and still got it. She said we have a case number with them whatever that is supposed to mean. There are mixed opinions out there on if a dog can get parvo twice but most are saying no He will build a immunity to it now. I have 2 medications ( pills) I give him one of each twice a day. One is Clavamox and one is Metrondazole 250mg. I have to keep Buddy away from all other dogs for 3 weeks and have to spray where he poops with bleach and water every time as well. What a nightmare ! Well hopefully the worst is over. After picking him up from the vet you have never seen a happier puppy in your life. Buddy was so happy I had to pull over. He was all over my truck in my lap in my friends lap. Like Thank God for getting me out of there. I have brought him outdoors twice since we got home. Pee both times no poop. He is eating like a starved animal. I bathed him ( what a stench poor guy) cleaned his folds on his face. his tail pocket and cleaned his ears with the epi -optic solution. Now he is in his crate and resting. Well just thought I would fill you in on what happened. Thanks everyone for your support. Hero

Tears and smile.... what a sweet vision of him being so happy to be with you in the car and home in his crate all snug, clean, comfy and happy!! GREAT job.... give him hugs for all of us!

So So happy he is home with you!!!

mc68mc

Sep 11, 2012
Columbia Mo area
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
So happy to that both of you are back together and Buddy is doing well !

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Palm Beach County Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thanks everyone. He is feeling sooo much better and eating like crazy and his stools are a bit soft but no diariha. I have to take a windex bottle with a bleach and water mix outside with me evertime we go out now and after scooping his stool . spray with area to disinfect... Hero

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.