Help Needed! health guarantee!

D

Deshawn

Hi, I'm not sure either I should post it here or not, if posting in wrong place, feel free to move or delete.
Actually, I want to adopt a bulldog but someone told me about the health guarantee.
Can you update me about puppy's health guarantee?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Most reputable breeders will give you a health guarantee if adopting a puppy. When adopting from rescues there are no health guarantees. Not all rescues have health issues and some that do are issues that can be cured with good food and proper care. Others will be by with more advice for you as well.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=4246]ChanelnBrutus[/MENTION] pretty much covered it.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

caveat emptor

And this is why EBN is a great place to learn.

Too bad, and very sad that more breeders do not give a health guarantee.

Rescue groups can't and don't know the history.

Good Day~

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Usually the guarantees aren't worth too much. I mean, if there is a congenital issue in the first year, a good breeder will honor it. But that usually means returning the puppy, whom you have already bonded with. This is one of the reasons that finding a reputable breeder is so important if you are choosing a puppy. You will get a healthier puppy (in most cases) with fewer issues.

I feel you can be a little more aware of existing issues with a rescue only because they were probably treated by the rescue while in their care. There will still be a possibility of unknown issues however. JMO.

Members online

No members online now.