Originally Posted by Davidh
Can I add a little to this please? This is what I was told about it when they gave it to Abby. She was given it for the demodex mange and given that specifically because it is processed in the liver and only a very small amount (less than 1%) passes through the kidneys.
All of the above symptoms can occur anywhere from immediately after taking the first dose up to a week after. They can be a sign of overdose but they can also be a sign of an allergic reaction. Both are just as serious and require immediate medical attention. Abby became extremely lethargic on her 5th day of Ivermectin. Had I not been warned that was a possible side effect and sign of a reaction, she wouldn't be with us today.
Most of the time Ivermectin is a totally safe medication to treat demodex mange and a host of other parasities. But on rare occasions it can be deadly unless you know what to look for.