General Question Normal Weight?

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Athens, West Virginia, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
Just got back from the vet for Atticus' booster shots. He still has 3 more weeks of ivermectin, but other than that he's doing good. He'll be 14 weeks tomorrow and weighs 23lbs. Just curious if this is normal bc the vet seemed like he was kind of big, but she didn't say to cut back. He has a defined waist but as you all know he enjoys snacks. I want him to be the healthiest he can be!

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
That is a little less than Gunny. Vet liked his appearance although did comment he would probably be a tank.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I don't go by weight that much as by what they look like, because bullies are all different in size. As long as he has a defined waist he should be good. Besides I'd rather have a pup that is a little over weight than one too skinny. Once they get a little older you can cut back on their weight.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Herman was about 27 pounds around 14 weeks. He's 46 pounds now at 6 months, he is lean and I sometimes think he's too skinny when I look at him from certain angles and I think I'm starving the poor guy. His breeder saw him at the vet last Friday and said he looks great, so I assume he's the right size.

At the vet today there was a cute little bully.... I thought he was a puppy, but the owner informed me "SHE is 4 years old" (the owner will be another over-protective mommy) LOL She had just adopted her yesterday (yay!!) And Herman is her size, if not bigger, which is why I thought she was a puppy LOL

KaidasMom

Jun 25, 2012
Anchorage, AK
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Kaida
Our little Kaida was 18 weeks last Friday, and just weighed in at 17 lbs. The vet saw her about a month ago and didn't comment on her weight - but noted that she was healthy. I've come to the realization that she is just a slow-grower? Her mama is 45lbs. I don't think she'll get to that weight, but who knows. Maybe she'll surprise us. ;)

Look Mom.jpg

odettemayers

Sep 4, 2012
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
I don't know if what would be the normal weight but I guess it really depends on what type of breed you have because there is really a specific weight management for any type of dog. Since the vet didn't advice you to cut back his food then I guess you don't have to worry maybe he looks big but the weight is still normal.

Sep 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Scarlet
I just wanted to say that Scarlet had a weight problem but it was not caused by diet or over eatting....she was retaining fluid. She had fluid around her heart and lungs, and delt with pneumonia twice. She is all good now. Just wanted peeps out there to know that weight problems may appear to be just fat and over eating...but can actually be something more serious.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.