Help Needed! Kidney Stones

OP
T

tomie

Sep 8, 2012
Wheatfield, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Watson
Hi, Thank you for checking about Olive. She is doing pretty good and hopefully will be herself again very soon. What a cute photo!!

OP
T

tomie

Sep 8, 2012
Wheatfield, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Watson
Hi Thank you for your reply.

Olives culture showed an infection called Enterococcus. Vet said usually struvite stones form frm that infection. She also said that this type of infection comes frm feces. Olive doesn't eat or even go near her own poop! I'm thinking maybe she picked something up on our walks, either people who do not pick up after their pets or maybe bird??
We did do the Hills diet s/d, and 2 different antibiotics. Its 3 weeks now and seeing improvements in her. The vet wanted to do the Hills for 4 weeks, but I made an appt for her to go in this Friday for retest. (I can't stand giving her that food anymore)
I am hoping and praying that this has worked for her.
I have visited the website you recommended and have learned quite a bit.
Thank you again

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Struvites really are the "easiest" to treat of the the different type of stones. Raw food would be best for her and vitamin C and Cranberry. You can also find usefull information on dogaware.com

OP
T

tomie

Sep 8, 2012
Wheatfield, NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Watson
Hi RiiSi,

thank you again. I have a all natural, holistic pet store nearby that carries raw food. I have filled them in on her situation and they told me as soon as I get the clear from the vet to come in and they will help me find a diet for her.
I have visited that website and printed off the info that will help with her.
I do feel more optimistic now instead of the worst bully mom!!
How is Usko getting along these day? Our puppy, Watson, looks very similar in color and markings.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
That's great to hear!
Usko is doing great, thank you for asking. He is happy, active and stone free. He is going to be 2 years old in the 20th. He is other wise healthy and if all goes according to plan we'll be having his son next summer. The bitch has been tested clear for the HUU-gene, so the puppys won't be affected.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.