Other its back to the vets with sarah

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
just back from the vets and sarah has an infection. shes been not eating and felt hot and just sleeping alot and when i got back yesterday she had not eaten that am and was not wanting to eat dinner but she ate most of it. then later she was shaking and labored breathing. she had some fleas on her so i gave her aspirin benadryl and some stomach meds not all at the same time but when one didnt seem to get her all better id give her something else. well 2 am she throws up. then it was a night of sleeping and up and labored breathing. not awful but noticable. so this am she no want to eat and a half zyrtec later she is sleeping but still not breathing like she should. so the vet fit us in and checked her and her temp was 103. i said then she has an infection but doc just thought she needed an anti inflammatory to help her breathing but we did blood work and her white count is through the roof. so one vet visit and one anti biotic later i await her to get better. poor baby. i did get some canned food into her just now. :whew:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sweet Girl, I hope she feels better soon! Wonder what it is?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Poor Sarah :crying: I hope she feels better. I dont' have a day go by that I dont' have some issue with Dublin it seems..... These bullies of ours are worth it all but I feel like I worry constantly...

L

Lucy-licious

Give her a hug for me Sandra..she'll soon feel better, so glad you got the blood done and didn't just walk away with the anti inflammatory xx

goobers mom

Mar 5, 2011
Springfield, Missouri, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Goober, (R.I.P), Carlie(R.I.P.) , Chaps, Glory B, Blis, Kimber, April, and Brenna (RIP) Wendi, Joy,
I am so sorry you are having to go thru this with Sarah she can never seem to catch a break, hope she starts feeling better soon. Hugs and Kisses to Sarah and try to get some rest Sandra she will be ok.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Hoping and praying for speedy recovery!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor baby.... hugs and kisses to Sarah! Hope she is better real soon

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Poor Sarah!! She was doing so good for a while too. The labored breathing would have scared me. 103 is getting up there, isn't a dog's normal temp 101? I think that's it. Jack was 105.8 when he got his HOD last year. 103 is quite warm. Give her a kiss and a :hug: for me.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Just a thought here, if she has had fleas, check for tape worm too.
[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok so its late here and she was up so i carried her out pp as she had not been since we got back. she went pp and came in. she also ate some dinner of canned and some kibble with her evening pill. so 2 pills later and her temp is 102.7 which is down 7 points from this morning. she seems a bit more i wont call it active but she is sitting up and stuff some now. so seems we are on the right path so far. will keep fingers crossed she continues to get better. she was just checked like a few weeks ago for parasites when they did her heartworm test and i have not seen anything in her stool but will keep an eye on that @Sherry. thanks

she was supposed to have her heartworm pill today but under the circumstances i put it off till tomorrow when she should be feeling better. will also apply her flea treatment maybe tomorrow or the next day when she is better. thanks everyone for the well wishes for my sick baby. i love her so much.

Last edited:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I hope tonight Sarah will be able to sleep well and thru the night w/out any problems. And you too! Wishing for her full recovery.:pray:

Members online

No members online now.