Heat rash??

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Ok so I went to rub lexs belly earlier and found this on his tummy. We haven't done anything different, been a normal day for us. Of course it's brutally hot out, waiting for that cold front to move through here yay!!! Some of the bumps are raised, and one side looks like a heat rash and other side doesn't to me. Its not itching him either. No ants or anything in the yard to bite him

7y7y4u6e.jpg

3ugyme3u.jpg

Sorry bout the dirty under carriage he was laying in dirt lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well... laying in the dirt? Could just be irritated or maybe spider bite? Wash him off with cool/warm water and give a dose of benedryl

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
He's always in the dirt, such a dirty boy lol... Gave him Benadryl and rubbed some cream on it. It's not bothering him he keeps looking at me like I'm
A crazy lady haha

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
might want to put some hydrocortisone cream on it to. could be some type of rash not sure its heat rash though.

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
might want to put some hydrocortisone cream on it to. could be some type of rash not sure its heat rash though.

It looks to raised to be heat rash, well to me. Ya we have done everything I can think of, yalls replies as well. Guess well wait and see

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
He's always in the dirt, such a dirty boy lol... Gave him Benadryl and rubbed some cream on it. It's not bothering him he keeps looking at me like I'm
A crazy lady haha

That's it... What is with our white or almost white Bullies??? Their bellies are just a magnet for all sorts of allergy causing "stuff" Had to put socks on Dublin tonight cause she is chewing her paws so much.. Will post photos and you can see how "happy" she is (not) going to buy shares in Benedryl.............

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
Everytime lex or Libby come in from outside they are covered in DIRT!! They are always being wiped down and baths every week lol.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
That looks heat rashy to me too. If you're like me, you have a giant drawer full (ok, three baskets measuring a foot square each) of "Bulldog Stuff". Hydrocortisone cream is a key ingredient in a fully stocked Bully Pharmacy. :D

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
any updates?

He still has the red bumps but not as bad. Gave him another Benadryl and put cream on his belly again. Only let him outside to potty, no sitting outside for a while till we figure out where it's coming from

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
That looks heat rashy to me too. If you're like me, you have a giant drawer full (ok, three baskets measuring a foot square each) of "Bulldog Stuff". Hydrocortisone cream is a key ingredient in a fully stocked Bully Pharmacy. :D

O ya we always stay stocked up on that stuff cause I have to use it on my arm during the summer

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.