Little circles of hair missing??

bzac185739

Jun 6, 2013
Dallas,Tx
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
my dog has this now....i noticed after he came from groomer. I decided to wait a couple days to see if it would clear but it hasnt so i'm going to take him to the vet in the morning

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
The ketaconizole will help the fungal infection, which is what ringworm is. I think it is the best way to treat these skin issues, which can rear their ugly heads again if not treated correctly. Humidity cane cause them to flare up. I have had problems in the past because my hands are in soap and water so much.

CanadianCutie

Aug 6, 2013
Vancouver, B.C.
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash
Anyone know what this might be? He only has it on this side of his belly.It is a bunch of little tiny circles and the hair is coming off.
I have him on Natural Balance Lamb and Rice and he has always done well on it. Could it be food related? A neighbor said he thinks it might be ringworm from playing in the wet grass. This happened from one day to another. 2 days ago he had nothing. =(
Bruno is 9 months old 55 pounds.

IMG_1560.jpg

We had something similar happen w/ Cash.
He was on Natural Balance and I didn't love him on it, switched him to Orijen 5Fish and the spots / circles started to happen. We took him to the vet and said that it was too high of a protein in the food. She suggested we put him on a different protein level, we went to Acana Pacifica and weren't happy with that food - allergies acting up VERY badly, but the circles filled in, so we now have him on Acana Limited ingredient Duck and Bartlett pair and things are ok; but not great. The tiny circles are filled in, just his allergies are bugging him. Much better than before, though.

I would check the protein levels and find out if Natural Balance have changed their recipe.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki has this exact same thing we had mange and ringworm testing done and it was determined that he was blowing his coat and that he had alopecia a week went by with lots of sun and gentle brushing the hair grew back like nothing ever happened. My vet said that our bullies can get alopecia very easily especially in the northern climates where winter last year went from October to May ( not kidding we made a snowman on 5/2 :blink:)

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
Wow. Otis has this exact same thing right now. I thought it was ringworm, but it's not red or anything. It started when he was eating raw (chicken) and he was itching and had loose stools. So I switched the chicken out, and he's still itching a bit, but there's more hair growth now.

If it's not completely grown in soon I guess I should make a visit with the vet.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online