URGENT!!! URGENT: My baby is having a horrible reaction please HELP!!!!!

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
Ok Im new to here and need advice...The other day we gave Gypsy a bath and groomed her, well the next morning I let her out to pee and when she came up to the door it looked like something bit her, it was a large circular patch of wetness and oozing stuff. I attempted to clean it up with peroxide and dry it. She wasn't her normal self she wanted to sleep and kept shaking her head. Well by night time it was 4x's bigger and red and oozing smelling wetness. Now its spread to the other side and going down her chest and legs and between her shoulder blades it also looks like she has bumps all over like its spreading there or maybe hives I looked at the bumps and they are small red bumps and look like their gonna flare up at any moment. What is it?? Can it be her food? or did something bite her while outside or can it be from grooming and bathing her??? I have an appointment later today but what can I do I shaved what I could and cleaned it with peroxide and cortisone cream :nope:

Attachments

• gypsy reaction3.jpg
    gypsy reaction3.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 180
  • gypsy reaction2.jpg
    gypsy reaction2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 152
  • gypsy reaction1.jpg
    gypsy reaction1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 206

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Has to be an allergic reaction to either an insect bite and/or chemicals on the grass.
The flare up occurred from one moment to the other...?

Also, im thinking if after the bath, was he rinsed well..? Possibly shampoo stayed on his skin and that soap is now burning him...?

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
If you can, shave the areas. The vet will be doing this anyways..
Shave the areas and soak him with fresh water to cool his skin.
You can appy Neosporin ointment all over the rashy areas & that will cool him ...
good luck.! keep us posted...

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I'd give her a benedryl since it looks like an allergic reaction. Dosage is 1mg per pound every 8 hours. My boys are approx 50lb each and I give them 1 pill, morning and night. You did good by shaving and cleaning with peroxide. I'd head over to the vets now too. It's almost 3 anyways. The people ahead of you should notice the reaction and will be nice enough to offer you their appointment.

G'luck!

DoughnutsMom

Jul 18, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Doughnut
I saw this once before on a bullie that had a bad reaction to shampoo. Take him to the vet asap. The one I saw was there being boarded for treatment.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
As quickly as this is spreading I worry that her Trachia (sp?) is going to get swollen... I would get her in right away she needs a steroid to stop it from spreading... Besides grooming, has there been any other recent changes? Like over the past week? Sometimes it takes a few days to cause a reaction. Any change in kibble, soaps, toys, try to think of anything and everything.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

L

Lucy-licious

You need a vet now hunny...go straight down and I suspect when they see what a mess it s they will see her straight away x

DoughnutsMom

Jul 18, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Doughnut
I just took a better look at the pictures on my laptop. It looks exactly the same as the bullie I saw at my vets office a few years ago and I had asked what happened. They told me that the owners bathed him with a fancy human shampoo and the poor guy woke up like that the next day. He was being boarded for treatment only because his skin mom had gone into early labor and they did't want to miss a treatment. Apparently his treatment was both topical and pill, but they did not have the wounds covered at all.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I just moved to the area and they were the only ones that could fit her in at 3pm :cry:

Hoping all is going OK at the vet... please update us when you get back

linda4568

Aug 7, 2010
Eagle River, Ak
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, Biggy, Pickles, Deebo, Hoss
looks like he got bite. It will turn into hot spot so get him to vet asap. THey should put him on Keflex an Antibiotic or Antibiotics of somesort. please get him to the vet asap.

OP
gypsysmommy

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy
UDATE: URGENT: My baby is having a horrible reaction please HELP!!!!!

Ok so took her to a vet that specializes in English bulldogs which was in another state only 35 mins though thank god...Anyways he's thinking she's allergic to fleas since he combed her and he saw one dead and one alive...But it may have been the shampoo because it was new but I did however use it on her a month back and no reaction. He said it could also be her food since we just switched it last month but its the same brand just different ingredients somewhat, So in food part we just have to see if if clears up. But he said he's pretty sure she's allergic to fleas..He shaved her and cleaned up the mess and gave her a Depo shot Im assuming a steroid some antibiotics(cephalexian 500mg 2x's daily for 10 days) a spray called Zymox topical 2xs a day up to two weeks and flea chew-able tablet called comfortis(has anyone heard about it? I was using vectra 3d before is this better then vectra?) She seems a little more comfortable and sleeping since we got home but Im sure that shave and scrub wasn't pleasant and wore her down :( I was crying hearing her scream :cry: Im having our pest guy come out tomorrow morning to spray for fleas inside and we will discuss about the yard getting sprayed too. I hope this is all it was because my heart cant go through this again and Im sure she feels the same way...I feel so helpless and sad that she has to go through this:cry: I will keep yall updated and try and load more pics of her progress thanks for all the support and answers :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.