URGENT!!! URGENT: My baby is having a horrible reaction please HELP!!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Re: UDATE: URGENT: My baby is having a horrible reaction please HELP!!!!!

Ok so took her to a vet that specializes in English bulldogs which was in another state only 35 mins though thank god...Anyways he's thinking she's allergic to fleas since he combed her and he saw one dead and one alive...But it may have been the shampoo because it was new but I did however use it on her a month back and no reaction. He said it could also be her food since we just switched it last month but its the same brand just different ingredients somewhat, So in food part we just have to see if if clears up. But he said he's pretty sure she's allergic to fleas..He shaved her and cleaned up the mess and gave her a Depo shot Im assuming a steroid some antibiotics(cephalexian 500mg 2x's daily for 10 days) a spray called Zymox topical 2xs a day up to two weeks and flea chew-able tablet called comfortis(has anyone heard about it? I was using vectra 3d before is this better then vectra?) She seems a little more comfortable and sleeping since we got home but Im sure that shave and scrub wasn't pleasant and wore her down :( I was crying hearing her scream :cry: Im having our pest guy come out tomorrow morning to spray for fleas inside and we will discuss about the yard getting sprayed too. I hope this is all it was because my heart cant go through this again and Im sure she feels the same way...I feel so helpless and sad that she has to go through this:cry: I will keep yall updated and try and load more pics of her progress thanks for all the support and answers :)

OH MY... allergic to fleas!! Hope and pray she is better soon.... I never heard of comfortis but going to do some research about it now

OP
gypsysmommy

gypsysmommy

Sep 6, 2012
Muscle Shoals, Alabama, United States
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gypsy

Here are pics of after the vet visit

Attachments

• vet2.jpg
    vet2.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 146
  • vet3.jpg
    vet3.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 152
  • vettrip1.jpg
    vettrip1.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 149

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin

Ok so took her to a vet that specializes in English bulldogs which was in another state only 35 mins though thank god...Anyways he's thinking she's allergic to fleas since he combed her and he saw one dead and one alive...But it may have been the shampoo because it was new but I did however use it on her a month back and no reaction. He said it could also be her food since we just switched it last month but its the same brand just different ingredients somewhat, So in food part we just have to see if if clears up. But he said he's pretty sure she's allergic to fleas..He shaved her and cleaned up the mess and gave her a Depo shot Im assuming a steroid some antibiotics(cephalexian 500mg 2x's daily for 10 days) a spray called Zymox topical 2xs a day up to two weeks and flea chew-able tablet called comfortis(has anyone heard about it? I was using vectra 3d before is this better then vectra?) She seems a little more comfortable and sleeping since we got home but Im sure that shave and scrub wasn't pleasant and wore her down :( I was crying hearing her scream :cry: Im having our pest guy come out tomorrow morning to spray for fleas inside and we will discuss about the yard getting sprayed too. I hope this is all it was because my heart cant go through this again and Im sure she feels the same way...I feel so helpless and sad that she has to go through this:cry: I will keep yall updated and try and load more pics of her progress thanks for all the support and answers :)

My heart goes out to you but you did the absolute right thing by taking her to the vet you did. It does look awful but I'am sure she is feeling a lot better. With the shot and anitbiotics etc she will be in better shape within 48 hours. It is very difficult to pin point what actually is the cause as our bullies react so strongly to many many things. I have been down the "helpless" road, but we are all here for you if even if it is just to support you and pat you on the back :yes:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: it looks like a yeast infection does it smell like yeast franklin had a yeast infection on his tail I used Apple cider vinegar / water an it was cleared up in 4 days but it stings then it feels better. I hope you get this figured out soon good luck my thoughts are with you

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Oh that poor baby. I am so glad you got him to the vet and he is being treated! Praying for a speedy recovery!

L

Lucy-licious

Oh sweet baby...I know it was a bad experience for you both but you did the right thing and with a little TLC she will soon be in tip top condition. My old Border Collie Shep was allergic to flea bites..and regularly broke out in a similar way if one got him. Unfortunately he also reacted to most flea treatments so eventually we had to say goodbye to my beautiful cat who was bringing those damn things in...he went to a farm where he still lives a life of luxury :love:
pit was a good choice though because Shep didn't suffer again after that...well not from the flea bites anyway. Poor lad also had colitis and arthritis.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Glad to see everything worked out with getting to the vet, hopefully your pup is feeling better in the next few days

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes fleas wreaked havoc with sarah this summer to. im glad she is ok and well look at that puppies. :2thumbs:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
DOnt worry about an appointment. Take her to the vet immediately.......... she may not be able to breath if you wait. Go now. Give her 2 Benedryl til you get there

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
I'm sorry hun, but I think that big honking collar ought to go.

I have to agree, big collars like that aren't good and having just had pups it would probably help her comfort level if it's off. Collars are a requirement for pets in base housing but I still don't put them on mine too often. When we moved in and signed the paperwork, the lady said they were required when she saw they didn't have them on and hubby just looked at her and said "you really don't want to pick that fight with her, if it's the kids or the dogs you just won't win." They are just beautiful looking though!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online