General Question Getting them to drink more water

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
You can try a water bottle in her crate so she wont tip it over. I have the Lixit "dripless" water bottle.

I bought one of those! It leaked sooo bad though....any tips?

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I bought one of those! It leaked sooo bad though....any tips?

mine isnt leaking - i thought it was leaking all this time, but i did check it the other night and kept tapping it and nothing was coming out. when Herman drinks out of it, he bites it and lets the water just pour out the other side of his mouth, leaving a huge puddle. that's why i thought it was leaking :blink: and checked it.

the ball has to be pretty tight against the spout and spring back when you push it in (this could be why Herman drinks out of it like that, his old one just leaked out for him) - is that how yours feels? if not, maybe try cleaning it? i think some of them might be defective though.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Do you know of any ways to get bullies to drink (or otherwise consume) more water? Especially throughout the day after eating dry food, taking pills, etc?

I have to get as much fluid into the sweetie head as possible so we have all kinds of tricks. Grate an apple or pear into the water bowl. Squeeze an orange or pour a fruit juice in. I sometimes float strawberry slices, pieces of melon or blueberries in the water bowl. Bobbing for fruit forces them to drink even when they aren't trying to. Oh, and I always add some chicken broth to her food for bonus fluids.

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
I usually fill Gator bowl just to the top with ice cubes then add some water and he loves that. I also put a beach towel down to catch the slobber and water mess!!! LOL

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online