Help! Need a Bulldog Vet in So Florida

usmcarty42

Sep 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Dora
Hi bully lovers, Wow. reading all the posts on this forum its much different then other forums sites. There is a lot of love here!

We just moved from California and are in dire need of a vet here. Our English Bully was bitten by some god forsaken thing that lurks in this sweltering jungle of insanity and her skin is going crazy.

She has bitten her ankles off almost.

We previously wen't to Dr. Butchko in Riverside and he is just the best around... There was never ANY question in my mind that the advice we were getting was spot on.

I have seen a few posts from people on here about bully vets in So Fl but nothing that rivals Dr Butchko - the only ones seem to be a few in sarasota and in Lake Alfred area which is about 3 hours drive.

I will do the drive if I can't find someone here... Can anyone help? My poor baby is sad and needs to get looked at by someone that isn't a quack.

Thanks and our Dora sends her love to your bullies

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Have you give her Benedryl to help the itching? 1mg per pound up to 3x a day.....

also I am moving your thread to 'health' so it gets more activity for the topic.

And.... welcome to EBN

:welcome3:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
here are the vets listed from pur members in FLA....

~FLORIDA~

Veterinary Center at Fishhawk
Dr. Katie Thompson or Dr. Ben Stading
Lithia, FL
813-681-9080

Paws & Claws Veterinary Hospital
Dr. Otfried Guhrt
Tallehassee, FL
850-906-0444

Lake Alfred Animal Hospital
Dr. Mary McDaniel
Lake Alfred, FL
863-956-5700

Tuttle Animal Medical Clinic
Dr. Steve Koch DVM
Sarasota, FL
941-955-0136

Animal Medical Center
Dr. Ashlee Puckett
Gulf Breeze, FL
850-932-6085

Animal Cancer Care Clinic
Dr. Stephanie Correa (Oncologist)
Dr. Tacy Rupp (Cardio-pulmonary issues)
Dr. Melissa Knieriem
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Also has offices in Palm Beach and Matin Counties
www.animalcancerclinic.com

Sunset Pet Hospital
Dr. Ricardo Caballero
Miami, Florida
305-816-9990

Coastal Veterinary Hospital
13431 Beach Blvd (Beach/Hodges)
Jacksonville, FL 32246
904-223-4360
www.coastalvethospital.com

Highland Pet Hospital
Dr. Beverly Brimacomb
5631 US Hwy 98 South
Lakeland, FL 33813
863-644-6634
www.highlandpethospital.net

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Hi bully lovers, Wow. reading all the posts on this forum its much different then other forums sites. There is a lot of love here!

We just moved from California and are in dire need of a vet here. Our English Bully was bitten by some god forsaken thing that lurks in this sweltering jungle of insanity and her skin is going crazy.

We previously wen't to Dr. Butchko in Riverside and he is just the best around... There was never ANY question in my mind that the advice we were getting was spot on.

I have seen a few posts from people on here about bully vets in So Fl but nothing that rivals Dr Butchko - the only ones seem to be a few in sarasota and in Lake Alfred area which is about 3 hours drive.

I will do the drive if I can't find someone here... Can anyone help? My poor baby is sad and needs to get looked at by someone that isn't a quack.

I live in Sarasota Florida and we see Dr. Koch. Where do you live exactly? I love your words "Sweltering Jungle of insanity" LOL you must live inland is all I can imagine. We moved here over 11 years ago and absolutely love it. I'm sure once you settle in and Dora is doing well you will appreciate your new sweltering jungle a little more :-)

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Dr Don Swerida 941-480-9707.actually in Venice fl.but he's a mobile vet, EXTREMLY fair in prices,I've used him for over 20 yrs. he has taken care of all my animals and I am the queen of having exotics. AWESOME dr!!!!! I take my pets to him at the Sarasota office off Clark road.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

:hiya: just sayin' we miss you in So Cal! :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.