Help Needed! Weird skin thing on the top of his head

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh no!,.... just in case your right, is it contagious to humans or other dogs?? I have never dealt with mange, but he was all over my bed today and playing with my neighbors dog. He himself seem totally fine... and we'll definitely visit the vet tomorrow.. :cry:

I went off searching on the web, still am, but I tagged a bunch of members that could hopfully shed more light/info

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
If he has any allergies then could be related,just before we lost Annie she had a few of the same type of growths appearing ,the vet said it was allergy symptoms ,but they were not dangerous,karen

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
No help here sorry! I would have the vet take a look to be sure! Sending prayers its nothing and big big hugs to Ulysses :hug:

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Our vet is on vacation this week. We have an appointment for Monday. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious :pray:. I'll keep the post updated. For now he seems totally fine and I checked and he doesn't seem to feel any pain or anything. It looks o me like is getting a bit bigger though.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Too bad....hope it's nothing...keep us posted! Healing thoughts sent your way.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Our vet is on vacation this week. We have an appointment for Monday. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious :pray:. I'll keep the post updated. For now he seems totally fine and I checked and he doesn't seem to feel any pain or anything. It looks o me like is getting a bit bigger though.
please let everyone know what it turns out to be, Bacon had something similar on him that we noticed after vacation it is seemed like dried food that had gotten stuck to him, we did a warm compress and were able to get him to hold still long enough to peel it off (sorry it sounds gross) his skin was red and raw underneath it. We put some doggy safe neosporin on it and it has gotten better. I'm not really sure what it was we removed in the end but it looked very similar to your picture. Being that we were on vacation at the beach staying in a hotel who knows what sort of shenanigans he could have been up to when nobody was looking.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Hmmm do you think it could be a scab?? Gio had a big cut on his forehead in May and at one point the scab became thick and black, at first I thought it was infected but it started to heal a few days later and got smaller. Keep us posted please!!

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
The more I look at it the more weird it looks to me. It's definitely getting a bit bigger cause now you can clearly see that there's something there. But still the fatty seems fine and happy, which is what keeps me not too worried about it cause I usually tend to freak out, he has had so many issues in the last few months that I just run to the vet as soon as something comes up :S oh my bully!

May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
Hi-
We just had Oliver to the vet for, from what I can tell by your pics, the same thing. Oliver's are on the back of his neck. His are simple skin tags that are fairly common. They are often the same color as the dog's skin in the spot where they develop. Our vet said there is no worry and no issue and no need to remove or biopsy them. I'm hoping your vet will say the same thing. Good luck and keep us posted!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
was just checking to see if there were updates but i see he has a vet appt so will be waiting to see what they say. prayers are sent your way.

Sep 13, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Scarlet
Scarlet has the same thing! Its on the top of her head....about where the neck starts. Her is flesh colored though. I took Scarlet to the vet for it and they said it was a benign growth, to keep an eye on it, but nothing to worry about...kinda like a skin tag of sorts.

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Well, the vet was not sure on what could it be. She said it could be something viral or a fungus or really anything. She shaved him and we realized its not as bad as it looked but his skin it's really hard on that area. She believes is nothing malign, but we gotta put some drops called Surolan for 14 days. If after that it's not gone or getting better we gotta have a biopsy and then remove it or just remove it, our choice. I took a couple of pics of how it looks now. It's black because his skin it's black there, so that's a relief. Still it's just plain weird! :pray: Just hope is nothing bad.

Attachments

• P1100568.jpg
    P1100568.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 37
  • P1100573.jpg
    P1100573.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 33

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well, the vet was not sure on what could it be. She said it could be something viral or a fungus or really anything. She shaved him and we realized its not as bad as it looked but his skin it's really hard on that area. She believes is nothing malign, but we gotta put some drops called Surolan for 14 days. If after that it's not gone or getting better we gotta have a biopsy and then remove it or just remove it, our choice. I took a couple of pics of how it looks now. It's black because his skin it's black there, so that's a relief. Still it's just plain weird! :pray: Just hope is nothing bad.

STRANGE. Please keep us posted

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hm weird. it does kinda look like a wart almost. well hope the meds do the job. if not i think id do a biopsy before i had it removed to see what it is. thats just me though. good luck

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.