Help Needed! Weird skin thing on the top of his head

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
I just realized that Ulysses has something that looks like a tiny black ,broccoli looking thing on his skin on the top of his head. I know it sounds awful, but it's about the size of a penny and almost impossible to see under all that hair. When I grabbed him from his collar I felt something weird and there it was. I don't know how else to explain it but it looks like a bunch of tiny little balls next to each other, and they are black, not sure if it is cause his skins is black there or not, it is almost impossible to check him properly since he wont stay still. Any ideas???

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
any chance of a picture? could it be a tick under the skin?

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
I'm posting two pictures. Sorry for the quality, they are not the best, but it is really hard to get him to stand still and take a picture from the back of his head. Zooming in a little you can see the thing. We'll probably be on our way to the vet tomorrow cause it's just bizarre. Would love to get some feedback from you guys though... what can it be?

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Any ideas???

Attachments

• P1100473.jpg
    P1100473.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 157
  • P1100474.jpg
    P1100474.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 155
OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
any chance of a picture? could it be a tick under the skin?

I'm not sure, he's had so many problems with ticks this summer though..... but this looks different... I posted 2 pictures... what do you think? could it actually be a tick? Thanks for the reply!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh geez im not sure what that is. i hopes someone comes who knows soon.

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
It seems like the hair on it is falling. He cannot really scratch it, but it seems to cause him discomfort when I try to touch it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It seems like the hair on it is falling. He cannot really scratch it, but it seems to cause him discomfort when I try to touch it.

Now, I could be TOTALLY wrong, but it looks/sounds like the start of a type of mange

OP
Maife

Maife

Apr 8, 2012
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Now, I could be TOTALLY wrong, but it looks/sounds like the start of a type of mange

Oh no!,.... just in case your right, is it contagious to humans or other dogs?? I have never dealt with mange, but he was all over my bed today and playing with my neighbors dog. He himself seem totally fine... and we'll definitely visit the vet tomorrow.. :cry:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw will be checking this thread to see what the vet says :yes: prayers its nothing

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
23473d1295933543-growth-dogs-neck-bellas-growth.jpg

if it looks something like this and is growning, it may be removed asap, it could be a mass cell . yes to the vet appointment

Members online

No members online now.