Help Needed! Trifexis

jjohnson

Oct 8, 2012
Hardin, Kentucky, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
We have had our bully Tyson on Comfortis for fleas and a seperate heartworm pills for 2 years, we switched to Trifexis 3 months ago and have had to MAKE him take it each time. He is lethargic after taking and has diarreha for a couple days after. Now he has a severe skin reaction, his hair is falling out our vet thought it was ringworm, then a fugal issue, now she has decided that it has to be a reaction to the medication as antibiotics, steroids, topical treatments and medicatred shampoo's are not clearing it up. So we will not give him his next dose and will wait and see if it clears up. Bless his heart I feel so bad for him but he doesnt act as if it hurts, just itches ever so often, He looks horrible and I hope we can get this cleared up, but he will not be on Trifexis again we will go back to the Comfortis. On another note our female Jack Russell has been on it as well with no side effects at all.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I have heard horrible things about it. My vet said No and the food lady says it can cause extreme scratching. So I opted not to use ir

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.