Other Billy's Ouchie :(

L

Lucy-licious

Billy trapped the cat at its litter tray late yesterday afternoon and she told him in no uncertain terms that she wasn't happy. Unfortunatley she caught his eye :(
His 3rd eyelid is badly swollen and at times totally covering his eye all together. It doesnt seem to be bothering him, he's not rubbing or scratching at it thankfully.

Needless to say we went to the vets this morning and she put dye in his eye to examine the cornea, unfortunately she cant see the whole of it because the swelling to his 3rd eyelid is so bad.
She's given us some antibiotic eyegel that will treat an unlcer aswell as treat the infection/irritation in his 3rd lid and we will be going back on Monday so she can have another look.

Whilst there we talked about our difficulties introducing puppy food into his diet and she has recommended a puppy formula and even offered to get some in for us if we struggle to find it in the shops. Its a salmon and potato grain free kibble that I have already seen...our pet shop is getting it in for us :D If this fails she will involve the nutricionist (sp) to ensure he gets enough vitamins and minerals to aid his growing on home cooked food until he is old enough for us to start him on adult food. She did mention a prescription only diet that they give to struggling dogs with allergies with good results but that is only in an adult formula....she has told me 12 months for allergy testing but will bring it forward if we are really struggling to establish him on a good food.

Here's poor Billy with his poorly eye and dye stained face :love:

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
he is still one of the cutest little bullies.... :heart:

OP
L

Lucy-licious

Oh and he's 15 weeks and ways 10kg er 1 minute.....22 1/2lb. Which is just below UK average (11kg at 16wks) so maybe I'll add a little more rice in his dinner to give him the all important carbs.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Poor Billy, hopefully it's nothing and his sight is bright in no time:drawheart:

OP
L

Lucy-licious

I think it looks much worse than it is cos it really isnt bothering him at all. No rubbing or scratching at it at all....so fingers crossed its just superficial and no damage has been done to his cornea.
He's currently playing Tug with Lucy so I'm pretty sure he's ok...Billy kisses to everyone.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like he is not in pain which is good to hear! But oh he looks so miserably sweet! I hope the diet works too. Paws crossed for improvement and a good vet visit Monday!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
L

Lucy-licious

Sounds like he is not in pain which is good to hear! But oh he looks so miserably sweet! I hope the diet works too. Paws crossed for improvement and a good vet visit Monday!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

It's those wrinkles on his little forhead, they make him look ever so sad. My boy is gonna be a real heart breaker when he grows up :love:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Dang there Billy, that look aweful!!! :( Hope it heals fast. Now please, please do not go trapping the kitty at the kitty dumping station again!

Hope you heal fast!!!

OP
L

Lucy-licious

Dang there Billy, that look aweful!!! :( Hope it heals fast. Now please, please do not go trapping the kitty at the kitty dumping station again!

Hope you heal fast!!!

I think he was hoping to catch some hot, fresh, kitty nibbles :barf::ROFL::barf:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
What a little doll baby. I said, "Awwwww" so loud when I saw that picture that everyone in the house (dogs, parrot, cat) looked at me like "WHAT is it???!" hahahaha

I'm sure he'll be on the mend quickly. Great thing that he's not messing with it; rubbing or itching. That will surely aid in his recovery. He's a doll baby....

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Well time will tell if he learned who is boss in the house or not.

Hoping it's just superficial.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.