Other Billy's Ouchie :(

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
How is it looking today [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION]?

OP
L

Lucy-licious

How is it looking today @Lucy-licious?

Its difficult to tell really because he's not really opening it and when he does we ant always see his actual eyeball.. It's not as swollen though. Hopefully by tomorrow we will see more improvement, if not I'll take him back to the vet. My poor aby boy...and I know the cat was only defending herself but I am sooo cross with her over this. :( I hate being angry with my kids :cry:

Last edited:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
It only took once for Jester the cat to swat Vegas across the fore head and Vegas knew to back off, it left a bloody sore. Vegas and Jester get along great now, but 60 lb. Vegas is a little timid around 6 lb. Jester, lol

OP
L

Lucy-licious

Bad news folks :cry: I just got back from the vets and Billy definately has an ulcer. I take him in in the morning and the vet is going to take a good look whilst he's under anaethetic and if anything needs doing he will do it then.
Please pray for my sweet boy :pray:
Vet gave him a pain injection and antibiotic and lots of kisses. So Pirate Billy as he is now affectionately known is wearing the cone of shame.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh no ... poor Billy!!! Give him lots of hugs and kisses from me!!! :cry:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Poor little Billy. Lots of hugs, kisses and positive healing thoughts to Billy from us!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Awwww,, pooooor baby Billy :(:(:(
At least get him a soft collar.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
If he isn't fussing with it why does he have to wear that mean ole cone?

OP
L

Lucy-licious

Just in case I suppose :( can't take any chances because ulcers can deteriorate fast and he could loose his eye. So no rubbing allowed accidental or deliberately. Took me all my streangth not to start crying when he told me that its def an ulcer. I'll try to get a picture of it later so that people can see what one looks like incase they notice a sudden change in their pups eye.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh sweet baby, ulcers are extremely painful. The good news is that they are quite common, especially after an injury to the eye. They can take quite some time to heal, so be patient in seeing positive results. The more often you put in the eye ointment the better. I put some in 4-5 times a day or whenever I thought about it. I would recommend a follow up within a week to see if it's on the mend.

You are such a good mommy for bringing him back in again so soon. Each day that passes can make it that much worse and harder for it to heal. Hopefully you caught it early enough for a speedy recovery xxoo. :hug:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
:eek: how in the heck did i miss this? :wtf: my poor billy and his mommy going through this and im in the dark. oh angie give billy lots of hugs and kisses from me and sarah :hug: ive had dogs with ulcers and it takes forever to heal but it does heal. he will be fine im sure :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:eek: how in the heck did i miss this? :wtf: my poor billy and his mommy going through this and im in the dark. oh angie give billy lots of hugs and kisses from me and sarah :hug: ive had dogs with ulcers and it takes forever to heal but it does heal. he will be fine im sure :)
Pirate Billy cornered the cat! :eek: :bigeyes:

Big hugs and smoochy kisses to Pirate Billy! :hug:

OP
L

Lucy-licious

Billy's home :dancing: the ulcer is superficial and as long as we follow the medication regime to the letter he should be just fine. We have a return appointment on Friday, but if worried can just take him in anytime we like.
He has 3 lots of drops...2 are to be used 4times a day at different times. And the other is a serum made from his blood and we are to get as many drops in as we can over the next 24hrs. He also has some antibiotics and pain killers. Poor baby is hungry but can't eat for another 2 hrs so he's now curled up sleeping next to me and Lucy.
Thanks to everyone for all your warm wishes Billy is definitely feeling the love.

On a side note the Nurse was so enthrawled with him..he's perfect :) great legs, perfect hips, amazing breathing and perfect trachea and nares. She has never seen such a wonderful Bulldog before :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.