Deevod

May 30, 2012
Idaho
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Hello!

So, not quite sure, but Lola might be in heat. Please don't judge me as I am not certain :D She is only 4 1/2 months old, and we totally planned on getting her fixed before her first heat cycle :/

What should we look for to tell if she is in heat or not? This morning we woke up and there was discharge coming from her privates, and my wife said they do look swollen.... I am just concerned because she is soooo young and I really didn't want to deal with it. We will if we have to, but I don't want to! :hissycry:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:eek: Sounds like sumpin is happening. I know how you feel...it sounds like how we felt when our daughters reached puberty!! :hissy: :hissy: :hissy:

On a side note...yours is temporary..ours went on for years! :bang:

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

That age DOES seem a bit too early. Normally is as early as 6 months.

More details is needed. Is the discharge bloody or what color?

Many vets want to wait until after they have had the first hear cycle. Please post a bit more photos of the area so we can give opinions. But your VET is the best opinion.

Good Day~

OP
Deevod

Deevod

May 30, 2012
Idaho
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I'm not at home now, so I don't have pictures yet. I will look on my lunch, but it just looked like a white discharge. My wife called the vet, but she hasn't told me what the vet has said yet!

Sent from my cell phone.... please disregard any spelling errors. Thank you. :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma started having a sporatic white discharge about two months before she came into heat on August 1st. She was 8 months 1 week then. I took her to the vet at 6 months to have his evaluated for her spay and at that time her vulva was too immature to have it done and my vet wanted to wait until her first heat.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Oh the fun when they are in heat ..... Bella (foster bully) came in to heat the week before she was due to have her spay. Now she's trying to hump anything that has a pulse ... including the cat!!!

Poor cat .... he got raped by Linus (kinda) and now he's being humped by Bella .... :awwwwman:

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: my female get's a little discharge sometimes it goes away in a day or two my mother in laws dog gets it too. she will probably go into heat around 7 months. You can tell when they go into heat it gets huge an there's blood . If its a lot of discharge give her some Apple cider vinegar in her water like a tablespoon everytime you fill the bowl it might be a uti or yeast infection an the ACV will clear it up . Good luck

Last edited:
OP
Deevod

Deevod

May 30, 2012
Idaho
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Thanks loveabully! That is reassurance. The vet set it could be vaginitis or something like that... will try your suggestion as I went home for lunch and not a whole lot was there.

Sent from my cell phone.... please disregard any spelling errors. Thank you. :)

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Ah yes, Bullie parents with the joys of the facts of life with them.

Not only do little girl doggies experience the hormonal changes, little boys do too. And when I have 3 females all in heat and 3 males , there is a lot of "let me, let me...my turn, my turn...so what you are the same sex as me..."

Thank goodness this was easier than with my human children !

Good Day~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.