Other Update on Bruno's surgery

Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
Hi all,

Bruno had his hip replacement surgery last Friday as well as bilateral entropian surgery on his eyes.

He came home on Saturday and doing well. He's gone off his food and his poo is not solid, due to meds. Apart from that, he's doing ok.

He's eyes are so much bigger and brighter now, which is nice for him. He can probably see a hell of a lot better too.

We're planning his next surgery on the other hip in 6 weeks time. We really have no choice as the other hip is just as bad. X-rays revealed severe hip dysplacia, and left alone, Boo would be riddles with arthritis at a very early age.

So, after $7,500 for the first hip, we'll be up for that again for the second. Halleluya, for pet insurance and I'll pat myself on the back for taking it out when I did.

It's been a tough week, here's hoping smooth sailing from here on.

Wish us luck.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hug: so happy to hear he is coming along and all went well with the procedure! give him a big hug

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So glad the surgery went well and he is doing well. Hoping for a speedy recovery.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Very good news! Stay strong for him and he will be great in no time!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Fantastic news. At least that's one worry down. And, yes, so awesome that you got the insurance in time! Positive vibes and here's to a speedy and uneventful recovery!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online