Help Needed! Bald spots?

MrButtersMom

Aug 10, 2012
Southern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Butters
I have recently noticed a spot on Mr.B on his front leg that is missing hair. It doesn't seem to bother him as he hasn't been scratching at it. Since I noticed this spot, been about one week, I have now seen 3 other places on him that the hair is thinning, on top of his head, his chest and his right shoulder. My first thought is mange, I had a dog get this in the past but their's spread like wildfire over the body. This isn't spreading as quickly, but definitely looks like it is spreading.
is there anything I can try before I run to the vet? I know the vet is the best route, but if there is anything I can do or try first I would like to.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
The only way to REALLY know is to have the vet to a skin scrape and examine it under the microscope. But you knew that. :D Mr. Butters needs to be seen by a vet my friend!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I agree with what you already know, I think a trip to the vet to know what is wrong with be your best bet. Good Luck!

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I went to the same thing (and posted here) just a couple of days ago. I saw one spot, took Hermie to the vet and it was mange. Since then I found about 4 more spots :( But at least I know what it is. He also has one on top of his head, left shoulder and chest too :) So go to the vet today to ease your mind like everyone said. It did me a world of good and let me start treatment immediately.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hope you caught it in time..... keep us posted and we hope he is OK.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Unless you know he's had mange before, I'd go to the vet for a scrape test. Only because there are other possibilities of what it could be. Better safe than sorry I say!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online