Other Flea/Mange treatments

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[h=1]Beneficial Nematodes for Fleas[/h]By Lenna Allen, eHow Contributor , last updated October 21, 2011

Fleas can be a real pest for your garden and crop, so it is important to find an effective method to get rid of fleas without any side effects on the environment. There are many ways to fight against flea infestations, one of the easiest and eco-friendliest solutions being beneficial nematodes. Beneficial nematodes are microscopic worms that attack fleas and infect them with bacteria, killing the insects rapidly. I've used this before on my lawn where I lived before and we never saw a flea again. Also this dip works for mange and fleas.
It's called Happy Jack Kennel Dip

It's that time of year and I notice lots of peeps having issue's
Don't forget to keep up with monthly applications of flea and tick prevention. It really pays off.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Thank you for that [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]! I am one having flea issues. The weird part is that I DO give trifexis!!! I guess they are just picking up more from the yard. Can't wait for the lawn guy to get here!

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
We had mixed the microorganism with our water hose sprayed it on the yard, and they ate the flea eggs. lady bugs and everything else stayed alive

Good luck with killing them dirty buggers, it's a bad year for insects of all kinds. we have lots of cases of west nile in my area.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
thanks for posting this Sherry... it is great info

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
ok so wait. You put this on your lawn? I'm about to have a lawn and if I could this would be GREAT!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i need it for sure and so does my mil shes having awful flea problems

Last edited:

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Thank you for the info Sherry. This has been the worst year I can remember for fleas with the past winter being so mild.

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, we purchased it from a farm store, You could just as well order it on-line too.
I know the Happy Jack Kennel Dip is not as easy to find as it used to be, I was at two farm stores yesterday, just looking around. I could not find it at either one.
But I know how great the Happy Jack works. For fleas and mange. It comes in a brown bottle or it use too anyhow. And the formula is milky white in color. Good boarding kennels use this stuff to wash down their kennels. That's how I found out about it.

I think anyone who has flea problems or mange should look into both products. @Twice yes , you just water it on the grass and the stuff really really works. Years ago, I had a devil of a time with those blood suckers. Once I found out what works, 15 years ago. I have not seen a flea since. Once you can get rid of them outside, in the house and on the dog, it's such a relief. Eco friendly

Last edited:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
We had mixed the microorganism with our water hose sprayed it on the yard, and they ate the flea eggs. lady bugs and everything else stayed alive

Good luck with killing them dirty buggers, it's a bad year for insects of all kinds. we have lots of cases of west nile in my area.

Ooo I love this! I don't spray anything on anything around here...there's too many critters in my little urban food chain. Day Lilly Frog has DOUBLED in size since I first took his/her picture back in June. ha ha

Where do you get these things? The nemotodes?

OP
Sherry

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ooo I love this! I don't spray anything on anything around here...there's too many critters in my little urban food chain. Day Lilly Frog has DOUBLED in size since I first took his/her picture back in June. ha ha

Where do you get these things? The nemotodes?

Check out AGWAY if you have one near by, it's a farming type store. Or Key-AID another farm store, it's inexpensive too.
Maybe you can find it on line too.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.