URGENT!!! it seems it off to the vets with sarah in the morning.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well i dont think this is urgent but the other stuff didnt seem to fit. well im back home after 2 days away to problems again. she lost a bit of hair around her rump but i saw a few fleas on her so i just hoped that was it. so i treated the yard and put some natural spray on her and left here wed. her tp had been looking a bit inflamed and had lost its hair on one side again so i was using the chloraseb on it. well i come home to a bit more hair loss with some tiny red bumps in it now. her tp is still imflamed and her back feet are really red. one is pretty bad looking and one is not so bad. her front paws and ears are fine. her lady parts also have red in them. he soaked her last night in her chloraseb he said. so ive doused her in that this evening and i guess it will be the vet in the am as i believe she will need anti biotics now. the only things that different is her canned food. ive started using evangers chicken alot instead of the daves beef and ive added vital essentials chicken nibblets. her :poo: has been fine. yes im worried and no i didnt take any pictures i guess i should but since she is going to the vet in the am i didnt bother. oh geez.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Help! What is tp? I need to know!

I hope it was only the canned food cuz you can fix that. Now the battle to get back is crappy. It is so easy for them to go backwards, harder to get back. I think our bullies must live on mountains!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Help! What is tp? I need to know!

I hope it was only the canned food cuz you can fix that. Now the battle to get back is crappy. It is so easy for them to go backwards, harder to get back. I think our bullies must live on mountains!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)
oh tp is my abbreviation for tail pocket. ive been thinking tonight im going to have to drive to my house and get some daves beef tomorrow just in case its the canned chicken but i still think she will need some anti biotics at this point maybe. ill see how she is in the morning.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor girl.... tail pockets are a real beeotch... hope she heals up quikc and it is just the canned food issue

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, no...you too??? AHHHHH!!!!!

Poor Sarah. Hope you can get it cleared up. I would think that the chicken is the most likely culprit.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Poor Sarah! She was doing so good for a while too. Dang! I hate fleas and am so glad we don't really have them here. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning. Text me and let me know!!! :hug: :hug: :

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Poor Sarah! She was doing so good for a while too. Dang! I hate fleas and am so glad we don't really have them here. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning. Text me and let me know!!! :hug: :hug: :
well im stopping that canned food and will monitor her tonight and in the am and see if her feet go down and her legs stop being red. it will depend on how she looks in the am. gosh i hope shes better i hate giving her anti biotics.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ohhh no! I'm late Sandra..in mountains..but poor Sarah! And I was so hopeful she was on her way. Well..if anyone can fight through this..it's you. Sarah is a very lucky bully! :hug:

L

Lucy-licious

Oh! Poor Sarah, I wish I could give you some advice for a change but alas it is you who is my Guru...but I can give you a :hug: and one for sweet Sarah too:hug:
Dont worry about the pics of her ouchies I for one would much rather see her sweet face :love:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Awwww....poor Sarah....this is proof-positive that even the most "on it" bulldog moms can be bamboozled by this breed's frequent issues! [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] - I go to YOU for advice and I know you know better for this dog than any team of veterinarians. Keep us posted on whatssup with Sarah....our sweet, sweet Cow-Girl. :heart:

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok she is some better this morning but im finding a few small red bumps on her stomach and one on her neck which has gone down since i treated it. her legs are better but still some red and inflamed. i think i can treat this myself but ive called and got an appointment for 11am this morning with the vet. i want to make sure im not dealing with a mite or something else that im not aware of. ok will report back when i get home.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
You are, without a doubt, the bestest bully mama I know! If anyone can figure this out it's YOU!

Give sweet Sarah a hug from us please

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok so im back from the vets. yes i sat there an hour and a half before i got seen. was busy place. i had to go out early this am and so i picked up some supplies for cow. i picked up some hibiclenz to put on her paws and places on her booty where the hair is gone and she has the red bumps. also for her legs that were red and in some places felt swollen. well i did her back feet which were red and one was really swollen and red and i gotta say i am impressed. in just a couple of hours her feet were so much better. the redness almost gone and the swelling down. i may use this instead of the malaket wipes i was using. its stronger in the bacterial department 4% verses 2% for malaket. i then put lotrimin powder on afterwards. ok so what did the vet say. well he thinks its just from fleas in fact she had one on her when the vet was looking at her :wallbang: can you say embarrassing lol. he said no mange and she prolly had some staff but to put the hibiclenz on it and keep shampooing with the chloraseb. he wanted to give me some pred for the itching but i had some so i said no. i really dont think i will give it to her now anyway as she is not itching that much. if she gets itchy ill give her benadryl. he said he didnt think she needed an anti biotic at this point. i said well if you saw her feet yesterday you wouldnt have said that. so 30 bucks later im at home with her with peace of mind its not serious staff or some kinda mange or something i cant treat at home. :whew:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
so happy to hear its not serious - wishing a speedy recovery for your precious cow! sending hugs!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.