Help Needed! Black stool ?

ZuesKaneLeyla

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Zues Kane & Leyla
Im new to this forum, i recently bought a female English bulldog about 3 months ago she my 3rd one never really had a problems with my 2 males, so were slowly changing her food but her stool went from brown to Black is that normal when changing there diet?? or should i take her to her vet? she has all her shots already...

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
What food is she eating?

Oh, and WELCOME! :)

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Please be more specific about the poo. Yes, it's gross but watching the color and texture of the poo can tell you very quickly if there are problems brewing.

So is it still the same size, shape and texture of when the poo was brown?

No pic's please.

Yes, poo can change color from different foods. With 7 Bulldogs, the color, texture and size of each of them varies including the color and they are all on the same food. More so than the difference in color is the texture of the poo. Dark is different than BLACK.

Please post reply,

G'day~

OP
ZuesKaneLeyla

ZuesKaneLeyla

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Zues Kane & Leyla
What food is she eating?

Oh, and WELCOME! :)

when the previous owner sold her to me he was feeding her nutro max, so i was slowly mixing the one i feed my older males so she could get used to it, and its called pro pac....im guessing thats why her stool is coming out a darker color..

OP
ZuesKaneLeyla

ZuesKaneLeyla

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Zues Kane & Leyla
Hello,

Please be more specific about the poo. Yes, it's gross but watching the color and texture of the poo can tell you very quickly if there are problems brewing.

So is it still the same size, shape and texture of when the poo was brown

No pic's please.

Yes, poo can change color from different foods. With 7 Bulldogs, the color, texture and size of each of them varies including the color and they are all on the same food. More so than the difference in color is the texture of the poo. Dark is different than BLACK.

Please post reply,

G'day~

she just pooped like 20mins ago i sat there and looked at it for a while lol, its a lil black but mostly dark brown... it just worries me so i wanted a 2nd opinion....

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hi,
As long as the texture stays the same, the color change is less of a concern.

Loose black or runny is a BIG problem.

Check back,

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.