URGENT!!! Emma's off to the vet this morning!

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
@angelIV You talk like a nurse. I like that!!

@JeannieCO how the heck did I just see this!! I am so sorry. My thoughts are with my little family member!! I will be watching for results
Same way I miss threads my friends, not enough time to check them all out at times and then we miss a few here and there. Happens to all of us. :up:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That is such good news! Ruggles drinks river and/or creek water every day but only where it is moving pretty fast. Is Wilson going on a bland diet, too?
I'm going to recheck his stools in the morning. I saw one earlier this evening and it does have the slime casing on it but he's had that before. If his stools are solid then no I'll keep him on the kibble. He'd prefer the yumminess of the bland: Rice, poached chicken and cottage cheese. :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Jeannie, I'm wayyyy late reading this! Sorry about your little princess but I'm glad the cause of it got figured out. Poor thing could not be feeling well with all that going on in her tummy. Tate and Finn are sending her hugs right now!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Glad Emma's been diagnosed. This makes perfect sense; particularly when the water levels are so low and anything aquatic is going to be more concentrated.

When I take these two to the beach, I make sure that we go in the saltwater first. They will bite at it - taste it - hate it and then the rest of the day, they're not drinking a ton of creek water too (because this beach has both fresh and salt water). I know my kooky method is working because, when we get back to the truck after hours of being at the beach "swimming" LOL, they drink a ton of water in their dish that I keep cool in the truck.

Bea's face when tasting salt water is pretty funny...but so hard to catch on film! (I've tried)

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Oh, I am late on this thread too, sorry. I hope they both get well soon. Mine like to drink the ocean and creek water also, darn dogs! I wish they would listen to their Mommys and not to and things that can hurts them.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone!! She's doing better today and I'll hold my breath but she didn't throw up last night. Her stool was still quite soft but at least it had some substance to it this morning. She's a bit unenergetic but that shall pass.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Glad Emma's been diagnosed. This makes perfect sense; particularly when the water levels are so low and anything aquatic is going to be more concentrated.

When I take these two to the beach, I make sure that we go in the saltwater first. They will bite at it - taste it - hate it and then the rest of the day, they're not drinking a ton of creek water too (because this beach has both fresh and salt water). I know my kooky method is working because, when we get back to the truck after hours of being at the beach "swimming" LOL, they drink a ton of water in their dish that I keep cool in the truck.

Bea's face when tasting salt water is pretty funny...but so hard to catch on film! (I've tried)
That's what I thought too. The area we go to is the only area that's accessible and is full of shell rock and the the first few feet of the water is murky muddy. I've always thought they could pick up something but we've been going there for years and so far so good. Guess her immune system is more sensitive, dang bullies. :luv:

That's a good method too. I can see if they get a taste the salt water that they'd be hesitant to drink it again. :up:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Good to hear that she is doing better! We all get sick sometimes, but I my self would gladly take all the illnesses Usko has if he'd be OK.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Im late coming to this thread. Im so glad she has been diagnosed and its nothing really bad. Prayers for continued improvement.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.