Thread: Nasal Surgery?

Big Easy Brain Drain Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
    Likes (Received)

Default Nasal Surgery?

We had to take Ellie to the vet this morning for an unexpected visit. She's fine, but took a vine/branch about as big around as my index finger to the face last night when she decided to check out why I was breaking the already broken ones. So that she didn't run into them and poke her eye....instead, I did it for her. No damage to the eye itself though...just some swelling around the eye.

Anyway, the vet "pitched" a nasal procedure for when she gets spayed that cauterizes a small spot on each nostril to open them up a little better. I can't remember the name, but I know it's not the soft palette surgery. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with this and if they've had it done or would recommend it.
    Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. - Cecil Beaton

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Nasal Surgery?

Yes, Nitschke had this done at about 2... his nasal passage/nostrils had to be widen cause they were way too thin once we did that his breathing was much better
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Big Easy Brain Drain Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Yes, Nitschke had this done at about 2... his nasal passage/nostrils had to be widen cause they were way too thin once we did that his breathing was much better
    Good to hear. Our vet's office has 2 vets and both have seen Ellie. The one that has pitched the nasal surgery is a the younger of the two, but the other vet has owned several EB's over the years and seems to think that her breathing sounds "normal" and that it's not necessary at this time, so I'm kind of at a crossroads with it in regards to which one to believe. If it's not too much extra, I may have them go ahead and do it while she's under anesthesia.

If anyone else has experience with this, I'd love to hear your opinions.
    Be daring, be different, be impractical, be anything that will assert integrity of purpose and imaginative vision against the play-it-safers, the creatures of the commonplace, the slaves of the ordinary. - Cecil Beaton

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by spork3127 View Post
    Good to hear. Our vet's office has 2 vets and both have seen Ellie. The one that has pitched the nasal surgery is a the younger of the two, but the other vet has owned several EB's over the years and seems to think that her breathing sounds "normal" and that it's not necessary at this time, so I'm kind of at a crossroads with it in regards to which one to believe. If it's not too much extra, I may have them go ahead and do it while she's under anesthesia.

If anyone else has experience with this, I'd love to hear your opinions.
    Since she will be under ,,, I would go ahead an have it done, This way if it does become an issue down the road, there is need for a second surgery.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Remove Ads