General Question Nasal Surgery?

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
We had to take Ellie to the vet this morning for an unexpected visit. She's fine, but took a vine/branch about as big around as my index finger to the face last night when she decided to check out why I was breaking the already broken ones. So that she didn't run into them and poke her eye....instead, I did it for her. No damage to the eye itself though...just some swelling around the eye.

Anyway, the vet "pitched" a nasal procedure for when she gets spayed that cauterizes a small spot on each nostril to open them up a little better. I can't remember the name, but I know it's not the soft palette surgery. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with this and if they've had it done or would recommend it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, Nitschke had this done at about 2... his nasal passage/nostrils had to be widen cause they were way too thin once we did that his breathing was much better

OP
spork3127

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Yes, Nitschke had this done at about 2... his nasal passage/nostrils had to be widen cause they were way too thin once we did that his breathing was much better

Good to hear. Our vet's office has 2 vets and both have seen Ellie. The one that has pitched the nasal surgery is a the younger of the two, but the other vet has owned several EB's over the years and seems to think that her breathing sounds "normal" and that it's not necessary at this time, so I'm kind of at a crossroads with it in regards to which one to believe. If it's not too much extra, I may have them go ahead and do it while she's under anesthesia.

If anyone else has experience with this, I'd love to hear your opinions.:yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good to hear. Our vet's office has 2 vets and both have seen Ellie. The one that has pitched the nasal surgery is a the younger of the two, but the other vet has owned several EB's over the years and seems to think that her breathing sounds "normal" and that it's not necessary at this time, so I'm kind of at a crossroads with it in regards to which one to believe. If it's not too much extra, I may have them go ahead and do it while she's under anesthesia.

If anyone else has experience with this, I'd love to hear your opinions.:yes:

Since she will be under ,,, I would go ahead an have it done, This way if it does become an issue down the road, there is need for a second surgery.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.