URGENT!!! Vomiting, constant Stomach Spasms, Fatigue - HELP

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Man..you have been through a lot..and poor Toby! I do hope this helps him. Cortisone will make him hungrier and very thirsty. Make sure to take him out more. As I was reading your updates my thoughts were also that he ate something. Jake has eaten stuff and it's taken 2 weeks before he started vomiting and/or pooping it out. A blockage will often cause symptoms like Toby's. Pease keep us informed..

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hoping things are gettig better! Im not sure if you mentioned this but have they taken xrays to check for something he may have eaten that he isnt digesting?

:hug: :hug: to you both!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
According to my old vet the Dex phos is a cortisone shot although he spelled it different so I guess there is an abbreviation discrepancy. He has done great since then and is now sleeping like a baby. He seems to not get full on the rice and beef. I feed him what seems like twice as much and he is still looking for more. I think one or two more days and I will start introducing the Fromm if he isn't vomiting.
yea sarah does the same thing if i run out of her nibblets and have to wait for an order. she never seems full on the hamburger i feed her. i hope the fromm goes ok and helps.

OP
TobyGiant

TobyGiant

Aug 22, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Toby
Hoping things are gettig better! Im not sure if you mentioned this but have they taken xrays to check for something he may have eaten that he isnt digesting?

:hug: :hug: to you both!

Yes, he took 2 x-rays and saw a lot in his lungs. Apparently in an x-ray healthy lungs should be black meaning the light shines through during an x-ray. If light is stopped by fluid, etc. it shows up white. There was a lot of white on his x-ray. I have digital copies in dcm format unfortunately I havent' found a way to view them on my linux computer, maybe there is something on windows that works.

This morning he spit up a lot of mucus and a little bit of his beef and rice. He was heaving some too which worried my wife but I have seen him do this most mornings so I think this was just the congestion settling as he slept. He is plenty playful and running around not gagging now so we are hoping it is clearing up. We see the vet at 6pm today for another shot and checkup. I'll post an update after that.

I've said this before but I really appreciate all of the constant feedback and advice.

OP
TobyGiant

TobyGiant

Aug 22, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Toby
Yes, he took 2 x-rays and saw a lot in his lungs. Apparently in an x-ray healthy lungs should be black meaning the light shines through during an x-ray. If light is stopped by fluid, etc. it shows up white. There was a lot of white on his x-ray. I have digital copies in dcm format unfortunately I havent' found a way to view them on my linux computer, maybe there is something on windows that works.

This morning he spit up a lot of mucus and a little bit of his beef and rice. He was heaving some too which worried my wife but I have seen him do this most mornings so I think this was just the congestion settling as he slept. He is plenty playful and running around not gagging now so we are hoping it is clearing up. We see the vet at 6pm today for another shot and checkup. I'll post an update after that.

I've said this before but I really appreciate all of the constant feedback and advice.

Just wanted to provide everyone with an update. Toby seems to be back to a healthy dog. No hacking, vomiting, or spitting up anything. He is doing great thanks to everyone here. He is now eating Fromm dog food and eats it within 30 seconds. Guess that is the next thing that I have to be concerned about. Thanks again everyone.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Excellent news! Thank you for the update! Now, look into slow feed bowls or other ways (even a river rock in the dish).

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Just wanted to provide everyone with an update. Toby seems to be back to a healthy dog. No hacking, vomiting, or spitting up anything. He is doing great thanks to everyone here. He is now eating Fromm dog food and eats it within 30 seconds. Guess that is the next thing that I have to be concerned about. Thanks again everyone.

We got a Slow Feed Ball for Jake. It's porcelain so can goin the dish washer..(in fact, that's where I store mine) and it really helps slow them down. I ordered it from Amazon.. With his recent problems..you don't want to have to worry out bloat!

OP
TobyGiant

TobyGiant

Aug 22, 2012
North Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Toby
We got a Slow Feed Ball for Jake. It's porcelain so can goin the dish washer..(in fact, that's where I store mine) and it really helps slow them down. I ordered it from Amazon.. With his recent problems..you don't want to have to worry out bloat!

I had thought about that. I read somewhere that I should get a metal or porcelain bowl instead of plastic and the only slow fee bowls I saw were plastic. I got lucky and found that if I mix a couple tablespoons of yogurt in his bowl (I also add Nupro) it takes him about 7 minutes to eat instead of 45 seconds so I am happy with that even though it is more work than just scooping it in his bowl. If I tire of doing that I will look again for a slow fee bowl. Thanks for your advice.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I had thought about that. I read somewhere that I should get a metal or porcelain bowl instead of plastic and the only slow fee bowls I saw were plastic. I got lucky and found that if I mix a couple tablespoons of yogurt in his bowl (I also add Nupro) it takes him about 7 minutes to eat instead of 45 seconds so I am happy with that even though it is more work than just scooping it in his bowl. If I tire of doing that I will look again for a slow fee bowl. Thanks for your advice.

Ya! I found the same problem looking for bowls..this is a Ball! But since then I have seen the bowls in stainless too..

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.