Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 55

Thread: Vomiting, constant Stomach Spasms, Fatigue - HELP

  1. #25
    I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    GatorRay's Avatar
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    3,472
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    0
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: Vomiting, constant Stomach Spasms, Fatigue - HELP

    I agree...I wouldn't go back to the bil-jac at all. Maybe cook for a few more days and mix like 1/2 with the fromm. Fromm is a good food so hopefully you will not have the same issues again. Plus you can switch between the from 4* varieties without a transition period if he gets bored with is food.

  2. #26
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    A recall was just released on Bil Jac... Coincidence?????


    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  3. #27
    Pooper scooper TobyGiant's Avatar
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    42
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Toby
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Vomiting, constant Stomach Spasms, Fatigue - HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    A recall was just released on Bil Jac... Coincidence?????


    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Luckily this was just the Adult Select formula and not the Puppy Select formula, although that may be next. I did just by a 6 lb Puppy Select bag prior to this.

  4. #28
    Pooper scooper TobyGiant's Avatar
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    42
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Toby
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Vomiting, constant Stomach Spasms, Fatigue - HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    If I were you..I'd do the slow switch with the beef and rice instead of Bil Jac. That gives his tummy time to rest a bit too. Don't panic if he has the runs because of the new food. But I'd just use the beef and rice ànd slowly add in Fromm. It's a great food!
    So you are saying not use the Bil-Jac at all. Use the Fromm and rice/beef for the slow transition to Fromm? Additionally, I got an email back from Fromm and asked about their food for my puppy and they did suggest the Large Breed Puppy. Do you think it matters if I use the Four Star Surf & Turf instead of the LBP and can I switch between them or is that just the Four Star varieties that can be switched between without a slow transition?

  5. #29
    .................
    Real Name
    Becky
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    14,938
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: Vomiting, constant Stomach Spasms, Fatigue - HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyGiant View Post
    So you are saying not use the Bil-Jac at all. Use the Fromm and rice/beef for the slow transition to Fromm? Additionally, I got an email back from Fromm and asked about their food for my puppy and they did suggest the Large Breed Puppy. Do you think it matters if I use the Four Star Surf & Turf instead of the LBP and can I switch between them or is that just the Four Star varieties that can be switched between without a slow transition?

    Yes..skip Bil-Jac totally. Do bland mixture you are using and do slow transition to Fromm. Just FYI...English Bulldogs aren't considered Large Breed. That's from my vet. Usually Large Breed has higher Protein. If you are going to use a Puppy Food there is plenty of protein in that. Jake went on Fromm all stages at 10 weeks. Surf n turf..did great!you can switch between four star freely!

  6. #30
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    savemejeebus's Avatar
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    6,210
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    230
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Vomiting, constant Stomach Spasms, Fatigue - HELP

    Late to this, and you got me so worried with your first post! So great to hear that she's finally eating and drinking! You've got great advice from everyone.

    Wondering if he still has phlegm. Did he ever recover fully it?
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

  7. #31
    Pooper scooper TobyGiant's Avatar
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    42
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Toby
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Vomiting, constant Stomach Spasms, Fatigue - HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Late to this, and you got me so worried with your first post! So great to hear that she's finally eating and drinking! You've got great advice from everyone.

    Wondering if he still has phlegm. Did he ever recover fully it?
    He vomited this morning (probably due to complete switch to new food, retracted now). He has spit up and vomited a little since then. He is still very playful and doing well otherwise. I just gave him about a 1/4 cup of beef and rice only (what was left over from yesterday) and within 15 minutes he spit it up but he has been chewing on his antler so not sure what happened there. He has kept down his food from this morning and afternoon.

    I am going to do the rice and beef and gradually work in the Fromm Surf and Turf. Is it ok to use ground turkey/chicken instead of or in addition to the beef on the bland or should I stick with one meat the whole transition?

    Thanks everyone!

  8. #32
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    savemejeebus's Avatar
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    6,210
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    230
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Vomiting, constant Stomach Spasms, Fatigue - HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyGiant View Post
    He vomited this morning (probably due to complete switch to new food, retracted now). He has spit up and vomited a little since then. He is still very playful and doing well otherwise. I just gave him about a 1/4 cup of beef and rice only (what was left over from yesterday) and within 15 minutes he spit it up but he has been chewing on his antler so not sure what happened there. He has kept down his food from this morning and afternoon.

    I am going to do the rice and beef and gradually work in the Fromm Surf and Turf. Is it ok to use ground turkey/chicken instead of or in addition to the beef on the bland or should I stick with one meat the whole transition?

    Thanks everyone!
    Seeing he's so sensitive at the moment, I'd stay with the beef for now. Down the line when the transition is finished and he's feeling better and you just wanted to give him a break from the kibble, you can try giving him chicken and rice. At least if he has any reaction from it, then you'll know that it's the chicken.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

  9. #33
    Pooper scooper TobyGiant's Avatar
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    42
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Toby
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Vomiting, constant Stomach Spasms, Fatigue - HELP

    Found that he vomited a softball size area of his food sometime last night. Ever since he got up this morning he has been spitting and vomiting up. My wife says about 14 times (little spots). Last night we only gave him rice and beef. Being that this is Saturday we likely will take him in to the vet. I found what I heard is a vet that knows Bulldogs (Humane Animal Hospital in Plano) so we are going to hopefully go there if we can get in.

  10. #34
    "Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Location
    Mukilteo, Washington State
    Posts
    5,794
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: Vomiting, constant Stomach Spasms, Fatigue - HELP

    Oh I hope you can get in. Seeing a vet who's very familiar with EBs is the best medicine for Toby right now. Having some blood work and fecal tests done will help ease your mind while diagnosing Toby's issue. I'd be sure to try to capture some pee and a stool for the vet, if you haven't already. The first pee/poo of the day is best -- but freshest is better with the poo. FYI.

    Or was that TMI? LOL

    Keep us posted.

  11. #35
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,215
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11542

    Default Re: Vomiting, constant Stomach Spasms, Fatigue - HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by TobyGiant View Post
    Found that he vomited a softball size area of his food sometime last night. Ever since he got up this morning he has been spitting and vomiting up. My wife says about 14 times (little spots). Last night we only gave him rice and beef. Being that this is Saturday we likely will take him in to the vet. I found what I heard is a vet that knows Bulldogs (Humane Animal Hospital in Plano) so we are going to hopefully go there if we can get in.
    Poor fellow..... good luck at the vet and keep us posted
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  12. #36
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,215
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11542

    Default Re: Vomiting, constant Stomach Spasms, Fatigue - HELP

    Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    Oh I hope you can get in. Seeing a vet who's very familiar with EBs is the best medicine for Toby right now. Having some blood work and fecal tests done will help ease your mind while diagnosing Toby's issue. I'd be sure to try to capture some pee and a stool for the vet, if you haven't already. The first pee/poo of the day is best -- but freshest is better with the poo. FYI.

    Or was that TMI? LOL Keep us posted.
    You are becoming the guru of the site
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •