Help Needed! Bocephus' Face is Swollen!!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I took Peggy's stitches out this afternoon, she had Entropian surgery 10 days ago, I need more time to give honest results.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Hi! Gator had entropian surgery and the results have been wonderful! He actually seemed happier than he had been in a long while. His eyes are a little droopy on the corners sometimes but other than that, he is great! His tear stains are gone too.

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
Bo has one eye in mint condition and one that is in bad shape. Will the vet do just one eye or automatically both? Also, our vet referred us to a canine ophthalmologist here in KY. Just wondering what I can expect price wise for this surgery, our vet wasn't able to tell us. Does it change their appearance much?

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Bo has one eye in mint condition and one that is in bad shape. Will the vet do just one eye or automatically both? Also, our vet referred us to a canine ophthalmologist here in KY. Just wondering what I can expect price wise for this surgery, our vet wasn't able to tell us. Does it change their appearance much?

We are in KY too and an ophthalmologist here in Louisville did Gator's surgery. We did both after going through issues with ulcers, etc. I would assume that the eye guy (or girl) will take a look at both and let you know if you need to both or just one. Gator did not have a lot of issues during recovery either. We did have to keep the cone on until his stitches came out but I would take it off when he was hanging out with me and I could make sure he didn't scratch at his eyes. I know he is much more comfortable. It HURTS to have something in your eye and if you think about it, for him it is constant with no relief so it cannot be comfortable for them.

If you don't mind me asking, who are you going to use for the surgery?

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
:jumping: YEAH!!! So happy he is doing better! There are a few members that have experiences with the entropion @BabyDuke is one that comes to mind

Hi there.. yes Duke had massive entropian surgery a few years ago..( both eyes ) over 115 stitches.. happy to report.. has never had an eye issue or ulcer or any eye problems since.. feel free to message me if you have questions! Good Luck :):):)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi there.. yes Duke had massive entropian surgery a few years ago..( both eyes ) over 115 stitches.. happy to report.. has never had an eye issue or ulcer or any eye problems since.. feel free to message me if you have questions! Good Luck :):):)

[MENTION=5774]edainrose[/MENTION]

OP
Bo'sMamaGirl

Bo'sMamaGirl

Aug 22, 2012
Nothern KY
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bocephus
We haven't made any decisions yet as all of this is happened just yesterday. The vet said we should wait a little bit to let his eye heal then make a decision saying that we didn't have to do it right away bc it isn't an extreme case. We were referred to MedVet and The Animal Eye Institute.... any suggestions? We are just outside of Cincinnati.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.