Help Needed! watery poop :l

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I think if you added an extra feeding..he's getting too much food! You can't just increase all of a sudden. I think Desertskybulldogs suggested you cut back on the amount..I agree! If you are feeding 3 times a day..how much each feeding? And how much was he getting twice a day? Adding pumpkin should help..but if he's getting too much food..that's not going to go away!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I keep reading about this miracle pumpkin that works for poo that's gone bad both ways....I don't think that we get any kind of canned kind in Finland, but if I find fresh would it work as well? Also is it only the orange pumpkin that does the trick?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@JAKEISGREAT I keep reading about this miracle pumpkin that works for poo that's gone bad both ways....I don't think that we get any kind of canned kind in Finland, but if I find fresh would it work as well? Also is it only the orange pumpkin that does the trick?

Its pretty amazing! And of course from nature! I am sure fresh pumpkin..puréed would be the exact same thing. That's all that's in the can. Take seeds out..use the meat of the pumpkin..and purée it until smooth. Yes..orange pumpkin..

OP
L

Louie89

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
he's been getting fed 3x a day one cup since late July.. i admit i did increase it to 3 over night :( also the breeder was feeding him one cup 2x a day. So as of today I've been feeding him a cup 3x a day.. again the vet that i went to asked how much i was feeding him and he said it was fine.. granted he doesn't see many if not any bulldogs in his office.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
he's been getting fed 3x a day one cup since late July.. i admit i did increase it to 3 over night :( also the breeder was feeding him one cup 2x a day. So as of today I've been feeding him a cup 3x a day.. again the vet that i went to asked how much i was feeding him and he said it was fine.. granted he doesn't see many if not any bulldogs in his office.

I think that's too much food. I would cut back to 3/4 cup each feeding. And even that is plenty!! When he is 6 months you can cut him to 2 feedings a day..1 cup each feeding. 2 cups a day of a good dog food is great...remember..if he has diaherria ..he's not getting anything out of the excess food..and it's making him uncomfortable! And hard on you too!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Okay HOLY COW 3 cups is waaaay to much for a nine week old puppy!!! 16 weeks I would say okay.... That is fine. What I tell people is at 8 weeks they should eat 1/2 to 2/3 c 3 times a day, slowly increasing as they grow. At 4 months 2 1/2 c to 3 c per day is good. Stick to this amount until you can physically see them starting to gain weight, and once that happens go to 3/4 c to 1 cup twice a day. This can happen as early as 10 months to even 2 years-- it really varies depending on the bullies energy level and food choice. The good news is that you cam easily fix this issue, it will resolve in a few days I think. Keep us posted!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
L

Louie89

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
I feel horrible! :( its so hard to know if your overfeeding when Louie eats everything! He does look bigger he has tons of energy but I guess all that food is waaaay too much for his age.. sometimes I think he wants more food then what he gets. I'll definitly cut back to 1/2 a cup 3x a day.. my question is that should I all of a sudden cut back or should I do 1 cup in the morning then half lunch and half dinner? You guys have been unbelievable helpful. I lost contact with the breeder and its hard to figure things out just by looking online and on your own. Thanks for all of the help!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I feel horrible! :( its so hard to know if your overfeeding when Louie eats everything! He does look bigger he has tons of energy but I guess all that food is waaaay too much for his age.. sometimes I think he wants more food then what he gets. I'll definitly cut back to 1/2 a cup 3x a day.. my question is that should I all of a sudden cut back or should I do 1 cup in the morning then half lunch and half dinner? You guys have been unbelievable helpful. I lost contact with the breeder and its hard to figure things out just by looking online and on your own. Thanks for all of the help!

Don't feel bad, overfeeding a young pup is very common-- trust me! Plus they act like you are starving them and give you the puppy sad look... Without the knowledge who wouldn't want to give more? That is called tough love, and don't worry it's an easy fix. Now, to answer your question yes... Definitely go straight to 1/2 a cup.... I would suggest skipping a meal if your baby was older. But I worry about blood sugar so don't skip... But the sooner you decrease the serving the better. If 1/2 c works and gets things firm you can experiment with 2/3 c even but not until everything is nice and log-like :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
L

Louie89

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Louie
hooooray! Louie's poop is back to normal!!! :D the combination of pumpkin and feeding him less was what im guessing did the trick! More the pumpkin then anything since today i just started on his new feeding schedule. I am so relieved! I dont think he likes the fact that im feeding him less though.. but its for his own good!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
hooooray! Louie's poop is back to normal!!! :D the combination of pumpkin and feeding him less was what im guessing did the trick! More the pumpkin then anything since today i just started on his new feeding schedule. I am so relieved! I dont think he likes the fact that im feeding him less though.. but its for his own good!

Wonderful! Isn't it amazing what :poo: begins to mean to us? :bang:
Good job!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.