JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Im not being a smart alec but how would you make your bully vomit? Say, you see them eat something like that.. I would think you'd want to make them vomit, but how do you do it?
Activated Charcoal is amazing stuff. Look it up sometime to see what all it absorbs.
I'm glad Lulu is doing better.

Bruce, a tsp of peroxide will make a dog vomit. Not much more than that though do you need to use.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:whew: so glad she is OK and her little body reacted quickly

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Bruce, a tsp of peroxide will make a dog vomit. Not much more than that though do you need to use.

Exactly!

Glad she is doing better already! :whew:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Im not being a smart alec but how would you make your bully vomit? Say, you see them eat something like that.. I would think you'd want to make them vomit, but how do you do it?
Activated Charcoal is amazing stuff. Look it up sometime to see what all it absorbs.
I'm glad Lulu is doing better.

Years ago..we had a Dobie..a PITA Dobie! :ROFL: Dave was putting out Dcon and damn if that dog didn't jump up and hit the box with her nose..while Dave was holding it. :eek: 2 pieces fell out and she swallowed them as fast as nothing! Of course..it was a trip to emergency vet..$250 later...activated charcoal....amazing..

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
I've only seen a couple of mushrooms in the front yard but none in the back. I immediately remove any I see anyways. Don't know enough about mushrooms anyway so better safe than sorry.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
ohmygoodness - I am so happy to hear that Lulu is getting better. My guess is that she'll not eat that again after what she's been thru. As you can imagine, we have all kinds of fungi here in Western Washington State including those expensive, very desirable Chantrelles and the cow pie mushrooms I used to eat back in High School (Yeah. Those.) So far, the dogs have never eaten -- or even tasted -- any that we come across -- and they are literally everywhere there's moisture.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
So glad there were no lasting I'll effects. I bet you will be on mushroom patrol before she goes out in the yard for a while!

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

First off we are all so very happy that she is doing better.
How interesting to see this today. I was out in my back yard and saw mushrooms growing and thought about posting this as a thread also.

I look for all of them that I can find. My dogs leave them alone but I never know when they might just decide to eat one. I dont know it they are poisious or not? They just grow wild in my yard.

Better safe than sorry.

G'Day~

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
So glad that she's better! And thanks for the warning, gonna scope out the backyard for anything that looks suspicious now!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Was mostly off sites this wk-end and just sick to know all the worry & fear
y'all went thru but oh so relieved and gladdened at y'all's wonderful outcome!

I have a very shaded yard that we water incessantly during Texas summer heat
and have moss & mushrooms everywhere-Momma's going be digging up 'shrooms!

Love and laughed at your video showing Lulu's improved health, thanks for posting it.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Thanks for posting! Mushroom patrol begins tonight.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.