General Question Poisonous Mushroom

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Just got back from an emergency visit to our vet. Lulu consumed what appears to of been a poisonous mushroom in our back yard. Lulu began to vomit and have diarrhea almost instantly. The vet gave her a shot of some kind and advised Kaopectate and some activated charcoal.
Here is hoping it works.
Vet did not seem to overly concerned. She did say that her vomiting right away is actually a good sign.

Wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
No, we don't have that kind in our yard, mostly toad stools and they don't really mess with em. Are you near the woods?

OP
Heff102

Heff102

Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
No, we don't have that kind in our yard, mostly toad stools and they don't really mess with em. Are you near the woods?

No in the city. Wet year her so plenty of mushrooms. We did bring one to the vet.

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
Can you post a pic? We get them sometimes, and we try to pick them as we see them, but you never know...

OP
Heff102

Heff102

Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Sorry no pic.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
We had them when we lived in Central Oregon surrounded by USFS and the Deschutes River. They are called death caps, helmet shaped and are spotted. As I remember, they were white with brown spots. Harley ate one once and we got him right in to the vet for a forced puke and the mushroom came up. The vet said they could be fatal. We had a rescue cow dog at the time who would pick them and leave them on rocks. We had 5 acres and there was no way we could find them all. No other of our dogs ever ate them.

OP
Heff102

Heff102

Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Happy to report she ate all her supper and is looking much better already.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
How scary! Our back yard is very shaded and is also susceptible to some sort of ugly, weird looking, black inverted mushrooms. I try to make sure to pull them up daily before Tank does, but they do worry me. I'd love to find a way to get rid of them. So glad your baby is okay!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Im not being a smart alec but how would you make your bully vomit? Say, you see them eat something like that.. I would think you'd want to make them vomit, but how do you do it?
Activated Charcoal is amazing stuff. Look it up sometime to see what all it absorbs.
I'm glad Lulu is doing better.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh good gosh, I'm so glad she's ok. I've never had anything like that happen and sometimes worry about plants and such. That's just scray!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.